+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green light for two new players

re: Green light for two new players

I thought that we brought in two strikers in the window... aren't they any good then !
    Also shipped out our quality striker on loan
    After the last few games we certainly need some attacking ideas in midfield, would have thought judicious use of Jed would have solved that one.
    The squad is getting too big, I hope we aren't heading towards quantity over quality.

Is this a joke??????????????

We've just brought in 2 strikers who are currently **** .

The reason for this is easy, they never get the ****ing ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 decent midfielders is a priority. Not ****ing strikers ffs!!

Sometimes i wonder how the **** these people get these jobs!!! :/ :/

Given that we have 17 league games to play I would love to have seen us sign 2 midfielders and 1 striker. Big Pat can't play 90 minutes, I agree with another poster in that he is a shadow of his former self. If one striker gets an injury or suspension we are cooked. As for the midfield Padovani and Ferry obviously have fitness issues. Racon after the game at Oxford not for me. At home play Shorey at left back or not at all. So 2 and 1 for me if we could afford it of course, which I doubt. After Saturday many will say 6 aren't enough

Thank you LDB. I was wondering if it was just me that had noticed how UNFIT our squad look. They are not sharp, they are not fast, they think very slowly. Only a few can head the ball, only a few are ambipedestrian, only a few know how to think ahead and move into space.

All could do with stamina training over two hours and backwards speed running - or whatever the technical term is for this skill - and timing their jumps to head the ball as it arrives not as it is going past them. Perhaps they should watch some old man Utd movies with Law, Best and Charlton and Billy Folkes in defence and was it Aston on the other wing and Paddy Crerand in midfield with tackling by Nobby Stiles amongst others.

Or ones with Charlie Cooke and Bobby Tambling on their runs, Johnny Haynes in Midfield with Bobby Moore, etc. Watching or reading about Newcastle's 13 - 0 demolition of Newport County in '46/7 with the legendary Len Shackleton scoring 6 might be an education in itself for some of our lads.

Ah

Think we all long for that Mike..sick of all the gloom going on at Pompey lately..sick of all the negativity and moaners...I,m not saying people aren't entitled to their opinion but we are what we are..a second rate league two club..The wins will come soon I'm sure of it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)