+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Exeter game go ahead

Will the Exeter game go ahead

We are currently getting battered down here with gales and rain coming in sideways and no let up till Friday and more predicted on Saturday . Already had to clear a couple of blown down trees from the road and with the high tide and huge waves battering Kingsand and Cawsand the emergency services are are clearing residents from the sea front homes. Mind you half of them are second homes so no one will be at home and it'll be a while before they find out what damage has been done to their holiday homes, what it is to have a thriving village.
    Oh well time for a cup of tea and wait for the next call.
    And the rest of you batten down the hatches there's a storm coming your way

re: Will the Exeter game go ahead

14000 homes in the south west reportedly without power plus train passengers being advised not to travel west of Exeter. Your area is getting a battering

After your report Tamar, i'd say it's a big fat NO

Well they have just cancelled all trains in that area from 2100 tonight.

No surprise they have massive problems around Dawlish I believe

Quote Originally Posted by tamarblue
    We are currently getting battered down here with gales and rain coming in sideways and no let up till Friday and more predicted on Saturday . Already had to clear a couple of blown down trees from the road and with the high tide and huge waves battering Kingsand and Cawsand the emergency services are are clearing residents from the sea front homes. Mind you half of them are second homes so no one will be at home and it'll be a while before they find out what damage has been done to their holiday homes, what it is to have a thriving village.
    Oh well time for a cup of tea and wait for the next call.
    And the rest of you batten down the hatches there's a storm coming your way
    Already battering my house in Portchester, only just recently spent 300 quid on new fences and gravel boards, the wind blowing up through Portchester creek is very strong, might be missing a few roof tiles by the morning.

My Missus is due to be running a coastal half marathon in Kingsbridge (between Exeter and Plymouth) on Saturday morning. Picked a good weekend for it!!

Not sure that will be on either.

Pretty bad here in West Kerry too, my roof is missing around a hundred slates since saturday, the loss assessor won't be out till friday, my beloved previously immaculate landcruiser has been peppered with deep scratches from said slates and it's still blowing a mare. At least we still have power.

Still blowing here although it has died down a bit from last night. What a night it was. Spent all day with a chainsaw clearing paths around the site but have bearly scratched the surface. We must have around 100 large trees down and with worse weather predicted on Saturday it's going to be a busy couple of weeks with the chainsaw. At least I can start storing firewood for next winter. As for Kingsand and Cawsand, you may have seen it in the news, looks like their going to loose the institute and the clock tower on the front as it's foundations have be washed away at one end and several of the houses are now full of stones, seaweed and sand.
    But getting onto whether the match will go ahead, I noticed that their reserve match(don't know what this reserve stuff is all about, strange concept) got cancelled last night due to water logged pitch.

I was working in Weymouth today, and the wind and rain there was horrendous, we drove along the sea front and the waves were crashing on to the beach, there was a media crew trying report on the waether and they were getting blown to bits, not experienced winds that strong for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)