+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

Will 51 Pts be enough ?

Looking at the remaining games, I have tried to be realistic in the points we can achieve, bearing in mind the teams we are playing and the situtaion they are in (ie promotion, play offs fighting relegation.

Will this be enough ?

Crewe Alex (Current Pts total) 30 Pts
    Bradford (a)1 Pt
    Brentford (h)0
    Port Vale (a)1 pt
    Stevenage (a)3 Pts
    Peterborough (a)0
    Walsall (a)1 Pt
    Oldham (h)3 Pts
    Gillingham (a)1 Pt
    Notts County (h)3 Pts
    Coventry (H)1 pt
    Crawley (a)1 Pt
    Wolves (h)0
    Shrewsbury (a)1 Pt
    Colchester (h)3 Pts
    Bristol City (a)1 Pt
    Preston North End (h)1 Pt

Overall Total51 Pts

re: Will 51 Pts be enough ?

It depends when we get those 51pts. :-D March 15 would be rather good, if nearly impossible!

Marginally more seriously, I think this list is pretty pessimistic and does not take into account the growing confidence we have seen since the beginning of December.

But the bottom half of the table is such a tight mess that any four of 10 or 12 could drop. It's a while since I have seen such a lottery around the drop zone. No room for silly mistakes.

This has given me more hope of survival because I agree it is quite a pessimistic outlook, especially away from home. And still we would get 51 which I think would be enough. Don't want to leave it till last few games of the season though

Quote Originally Posted by AlexonTour
    Looking at the remaining games, I have tried to be realistic in the points we can achieve, bearing in mind the teams we are playing and the situtaion they are in (ie promotion, play offs fighting relegation.

Will this be enough ?

Crewe Alex (Current Pts total) 30 Pts
    Bradford (a)1 Pt
    Brentford (h)0
    Port Vale (a)1 pt
    Stevenage (a)3 Pts
    Peterborough (a)0
    Walsall (a)1 Pt
    Oldham (h)3 Pts
    Gillingham (a)1 Pt
    Notts County (h)3 Pts
    Coventry (H)1 pt
    Crawley (a)1 Pt
    Wolves (h)0
    Shrewsbury (a)1 Pt
    Colchester (h)3 Pts
    Bristol City (a)1 Pt
    Preston North End (h)1 Pt

Overall Total51 Pts

Also think you have missed out the Swindon game ?

Absolutely no chance whatsoever of going through the rest of the season and only losing 3 games.

Fund this on the Sheff. Utd (whilst savouring the posts following their "disgraceful, embarrassing, humiliating" defeat to the mighty Alex.

Numbers on the left indicate points, numbers in brackets indicate games played.

52 No team relegated on this total
    50 Safety 2012, Safety 2010*, Safety 2009, Safety 2008*, Average Safety 2008-2013(49.5).
    49 Safety 2013
    48 Safety 2011
    46 Walsall(29)
    45 Peterborough(28)
    41 Swindon(29)
    39 Port Vale(27)
    36 MK Dons(28)
    35 Gillingham(28)
    34 Coventry(27), Bradford(27), Colchester(26)
    33 Oldham(27)
    31 Crawley(25), Tranmere(29)
    30 Carlisle(28), Crewe(29)
    27 Bristol City(29),
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    27 Shrewsbury(29), Notts C(30)
    26 Sheff U(27)
    25 Stevenage(27)

next games:
    Tranmere(29) - 31 points: Preston(H), Bristol C(A), Crawley(A), Coventry(H), Oldham(H)

Carlisle(28) - 30 points: Gillingham(H), Bradford(H), Crawley(A), Coventry(A), Rotherham(H)

Crewe A(29) - 30 points:

* Found

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson
    Absolutely no chance whatsoever of going through the rest of the season and only losing 3 games.
    I would settle for the 51 points total to be honest, especially considering the dreadful start to the season from the Alex. The author of this thread is being pretty optimistic considering he has allowed for just 3 defeats in the remaining games of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    I would settle for the 51 points total to be honest, especially considering the dreadful start to the season from the Alex. The author of this thread is being pretty optimistic considering he has allowed for just 3 defeats
    in the remaining games of the season.[/quote]

I possibly agree Alexmick whosbrianwilson after our dreadful start to the season, we need to consistently pick up points in the remaining matches if we are going to achieve a points target which might give us a chance of surviving so the margins are extremely tight. A few surprise wins and the situation would be so much brighter, but obviously a few surprising defeats and it will mean a really struggle to stay up.

Believe it or not only one team (Colchester) outside the play-off places has won more games than the Alex in their last ten matches!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast