+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban the drums petition...

re: Ban the drums petition...

Maybe we should remove the skins from the drums and give them a CD player Walkman thing and headphones with a cd of them drumming. They could then get the benefit of hearing themselves playing while drumming away on silent drums. We could also install headphones in the away end and insist that all away fans listen to the drumming during the match. We could also sell a copy of the cd to st fairies for them to play over the pa during matches to give the stadium at least a bit of atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by BileysThere
    Yeah ban em and everyone will start singing again.
    Ban Westie too as it's his fault the atmosphere has been ruined.
    How old are you? Do you not remember the late 80s or the 90s when he would never stop singing, blowing his out of tune trumpet, ringing that bell?
    When others gave up he and his little crew got louder.
    JPFCW
    Been going since before Westwood was born, there was a terrific atmosphere long before he turned up, he and his little band of followers now dictate what's sung so ner ner ner bang bang bang it is.
    If you're happy with that fair play to you.

Quote Originally Posted by philfridge
    Well we had quite an atmosphere prior to Westwoods lot in the 70's ...id be happy to sign the petition but you have to be a facebook member and i have no desire to be.
    You don't need to be on facebook to sign it, that's just an option.
    Agree about your sentiment though.

I fecking hate the drums. Irritating noise that is tantamount to saying we can't generate any volume without them. Grrr.

I don't mind Westwood's bugle and bell so much - there's a bit of idiosyncratic tradition there, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPompey
    i'd ban that woman that plays the trumpet
    I agree

BC

Quote Originally Posted by bluechimes
    i'd ban that woman that plays the trumpet
    I agree

BC

[/quote]

Banning anyone who shows more passion for the club than players would be a wrong.
    Strumpets,bugles,bells and drums are all okay in my book.

So 130 fans have signed the petition. With regular gates of 15000 I'm sure the club will react to the pressure. Not.
    Live with it.

Tell me Blueadder why should I live with it.

Seems to me you can
    a) live with it
    b) don't live with it
    c) collect more signatures
    d) anything else you can think of

Really your choice.

Are you taking all this sort of seriously?

I don't mind the drums,but sometimes they take over the singing.I'm all for them adding to the atmosphere but not hammering them to death to drown us out. Is it possible to do a half and half?...First half with second half without..then see what difference it makes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)