+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban the drums petition...

Ban the drums petition...

There is an online petition running on this subject , be good if everyone who wants them gone voted. - view external link

re: Ban the drums petition...

Yeah ban em and everyone will start singing again.
    Ban Westie too as it's his fault the atmosphere has been ruined.
    How old are you? Do you not remember the late 80s or the 90s when he would never stop singing, blowing his out of tune trumpet, ringing that bell?
    When others gave up he and his little crew got louder.
    JPFCW

Well we had quite an atmosphere prior to Westwoods lot in the 70's ...id be happy to sign the petition but you have to be a facebook member and i have no desire to be.

I suppose you've nothing worth singing about nowadays so drums for now folks

poor old Westie perhaps we could get him a loan transfer to Saints to the end of the season to see how we get on without him

Quote Originally Posted by philfridge
    Well we had quite an atmosphere prior to Westwoods lot in the 70's ...id be happy to sign the petition but you have to be a facebook member and i have no desire to be.
    It pisses me off when younger ones think the passionate atmosphere started with the drum so you are right there phil. Facebook should be called Ar$ebook.

Resurrecting this old chestnut then

Must be a Scully Silent South Stand led one

Looks way out of date btw as reading the wording it seems to be referring to about 6 seasons ago when Westy & Co were indeed exiled to what became known as the Punch & Judy Hut in the corner of the Milton End.

What new songs btw ? .

I never hear any even when there is an opportunity for those who claim to want to start them and most of the younger element don't know the words of old ones that aren't sung anymore.

I seem to recall a couple of seasons ago Micah Hall and Dan Brett tried organizing a competition for those would be lyricists to come up with original words. Most examples ran to 3 verses with no chance of fans joining in

They then had a get together at the Victory Lounge for 'Choir Practice@ all 12 of them . It wasn't repeated such was the demand.

Anyway most fans of clubs who sing use the same songs with slightly different words i.e Red Army G

So basically you're saying the atmosphere at fp is **** nowadays BC?

Cheers for confirming what we all thought.

i'd ban that woman that plays the trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    So basically you're saying the atmosphere at fp is **** nowadays BC?

Cheers for confirming what we all thought.
    Come on pents you have to look on other teams boards to find atmosphere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)