+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wolf at the door

re: The wolf at the door

Wasn't at match but have heard rumours Bradley was attacked by a frustrated supporter at the end of the game...anyone clarify that?

Good morning from your favourite Saints fan!

There are loads of reasons for optimism, stay positive!

The result wasn't a loss. Yes, it could have been a win, maybe, but it wasn't a loss.

You aren't in the relegation zone yet. Whilst there's a chance you might be there's also a chance that you won't.

If the club does get relegated you'll still be around to fight another day. Roll back a short time and it looked like you were going to cease to exist altogether.

More relegations mean there are more future promotions to look forward to!

If you do get relegated, well, at least a season ticket will be cheaper!

Lastly, you are Pompey fans! You have always soldiered on, even when things look bleak. Heads up guys and keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by simondenmead
    Its great to hear such upbeat reports from people who are actually at the games. I don't count myself in that group. When I sit here on Sky Sports watching for very slow live updates and we are winning 1-0 then you see 90+4 equaliser you think ah f uck. But then to read that everyone gave 100% it seems like we should be fine.

PUP!
    Agreed. Followed on The News commentary and it sounded ten times better than Torquay. Shame we have to wait 6 days until the next game.

Tks for all the reports, especially from kernow. A true football fan-nice one Mate.

No way will Pompey go down

Northampton are gone and there is at least one team worse than Pompey.

Mid table finish IMO

Quote Originally Posted by 17thMay08
    I can't think of one player who didn't give everything they've got today, it's no consolation, but they didn't deserve their deflected equaliser
    Didn't go to the game, but Alan Knight said in real time (twice), youve got to go with the runners. The runner - equalised!

That's the difference between 1 and 3 points, and that is the giving everything to win a game we need to find.

Tough on us yesterday, and much improvement on last week, when we struggled to find 3 players who gave everything.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say we were no way "miles better" than Exeter.

Carson kept us in it in the first half with a couple of great saves, especially that second one where their player was yards out and nailed on to score.

In the second half Taylor might have had that chance but apart from that there wasn't too much to get excited about from our point of view. Exeter had better chances than we did.

Barker is to blame for the "sit on this lead" mentality to a degree but does he really have the players at his disposal to create an effective counter-attacking side? Probably not, so it's his job to go and sign one or two players that can play the way he wants his team to.

It wasn't all negative and I still think we'll survive but it won't be comfortable and fans frustrations are starting to boil over. I don't want to think about the fallout should we lose to Wimbledon next week.

I disagree with that Jim, until the last 10 mins, when Exeter lumped everything into our box, I thought we totally controlled the 2nd half, and I certainly wouldn't blame Barker for our forwards not converting their chances or not getting into goal scoring positions. But there you go, it's all about opinions.

The second half maybe but the first half Exeter had a couple of great chances, and that Chorley backpass too.

It's definitely a game that has split opinion more than most this season. Might be down to the view, the away end at Exeter is worse than anything at Havant & Waterlooville and that is no exaggeration.

everyone,throughout the club needs to stick together and back each other,nobody said it was going to be easy after the club was saved,but slagging the ownership,players and so on won't help anyone,its frustrating as hell tossing points away,but im positive it hurts the manager and players as much as us fans,as the saying goes were all in this together and need each other,so come on and PLAY UP POMPEY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)