+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wolf at the door

The wolf at the door

If the teams below us win their games in hand we will be in the relegation zone. Frightening! I just knew we were gonna concede at the death again.Anyone see any cause for optimism?

re: The wolf at the door

Plenty of optimism from me, if we work that hard as a team & press the opposition like we did today we'll end up mid table. The commitment from the team today was commendable & they didn't deserve that at the end

Optimistic that we wont go down. Frustrated that we are making such hard work of things.

I wish we would be a bit braver as a team and finish these games off by getting a second. You have to be a bit special to rely on winning games 1-0. Which we are clearly nowhere near.

The only time in my life time that we have looked comfortable at 1-0 is when we had James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidesson and diarra in front of them.

Still, sounds like we did a bit more today, and if Taylor or Holmes had found the net, we would be celebrating a much needed win tonight.

Still a bit concerned the players arent giving everything thats needed to win. Remember the likes of De Zeuuw and Stefanovic (limited players at that level) throwing themselves in front of everything to get a win.

I can't think of one player who didn't give everything they've got today, it's no consolation, but they didn't deserve their deflected equaliser

We played them off the pitch and were unlucky not to score another two or three, why would anyone think so negatively.

PG, you're spot on & I didn't speak to anyone after the game who didn't think the same. However, there seems to be an undercurrent of Pompey supporters who are hell bent on destabilising anything & everything, including the ownership, all of which I find incredible. I'm even at the point where I'm desperate for Pompey to do well, just to to stick it to the trigger happy critics

I also think we played well yesterday and should have won . the teams below might have games in hand but a lot of them are against each other . still not sure if we will stay up thou 50/50 I reckon

Its great to hear such upbeat reports from people who are actually at the games. I don't count myself in that group. When I sit here on Sky Sports watching for very slow live updates and we are winning 1-0 then you see 90+4 equaliser you think ah f uck. But then to read that everyone gave 100% it seems like we should be fine.

PUP!

Don't agree that you played them off the pitch but do agree that everyone in a blue shirt was energetic and well motivated.
    Relegation ? Not on that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    The weather suited Stoke better than us.
    Oh dear. The Champions League spot is in jeopardy because of a bit of wind and rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)