+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: If Sam were to keep us up. . . . . .

re: If Sam were to keep us up. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkammer
    The Board should take the option of tubing Allardyce as soon as they can in 2015. He's shown that he can't take the club any further than 10th at best. Our aspirations should be much higher!
    Much higher? I think we should get real.

There is no way on the planet we can compete financially with Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool & Spurs. They are light years ahead of us in that respect.

So at this stage of our development 7th is the absolute highest we can realistically expect imo. And that might be pushing it because Everton and Newcastle, at present, have larger attendances and, I'd guess, larger incomes and smaller wage bills. I'm no fan of the Allardyce football philosophy but, with our present owners track record of managerial appointments, imo he's the best we can expect until they disappear after the OS move.

Possibly when we move we may be bought by some mega rich tycoon or an oil rich Middle Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by jameskel
    Decent thread, my take

All the time we stay up, Sullivan / Gold own us, he stays, no brainer

HH is one, gobby, pogo jumping c.untstick, who is clearly ****ting it from Jim

Trap 1

F.uck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Kaylor
    The Board should take the option of tubing Allardyce as soon as they can in 2015. He's shown that he can't take the club any further than 10th at best. Our aspirations should be much higher!
    Respect everyone that supports our club Norfolk, and your opinion on this.

But ffs... WHY should our aspirations be higher?

Truly interested in your response [/quote]

I seem to recall that after last season the thought was that we ought to be capable of making 5th or 6th this season. We're nowhere near that!

Hope that explains my comment about aspirations.

I seem to recall that after last season the thought was that we ought to be capable of making 5th or 6th this season. We're nowhere near that!

Hope that explains my comment about aspirations.[/quote]

man u, man city, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, everton, and spurs are a cut above us, as much as it pains me to mention a few of them.

also, newcastle and villa are often (albeit sporadically in recent years) amongst the above teams, aiming for that final europa league plac

Sorry Norfolk, have to call you on that... who said we'd finish 5th or 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggerts_Ears

Sorry Norfolk, have to call you on that... who said we'd finish 5th or 6th?[/quote]

Sorry but I ain't got the time or enthusiasm to troll through this site, Kumb or any other media to support my comment. However here's a b

Sorry Norfolk, have to call you on that... who said we'd finish 5th or 6th?[/quote]

Sorry but I ain't got the time or enthusiasm to troll through this site, Kumb or any othe

Quote Originally Posted by Eggerts_Ears

Sorry but I ain't got the time or enthu

i doubt there is anyone that doesn't think we've under-achieved this season, given the spends allardyce has had available from the off

club transfer records smashed twice as a starter for ten

that's why the sam outers have gone from the minority to the majority

does anyone think redknapp would be in a relegation battle with that level of funding?

i don't

Quote Originally Posted by WHU
    i doubt there is anyone that doesn't think we've under-achieved this season, given the spends allardyce has had available from the off

club transfer records smashed twice as a starter for ten

that's why the sam outers have gone from the minority to the majority

does anyone think redknapp would be in a relegation battle with that level of funding?

i don't
    If he'd had had the number of injuries we've had, he might.

We have under achieved, no doubt, but let's just see where we end up.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)