+ Visit Everton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Stones Suffers From Nasty Gash

John Stones Suffers From Nasty Gash

Once dated a woman who had a nasty gash

True blue! Everton defender Stones shows off stitches after suffering cut in Newcastle win.

John Stones left St James' Park with more than just three points after suffering a nasty cut above his left eye in Everton's 3-0 win against Newcastle.

The young defender, who put in a strong display alongside veteran Sylvain Distin, was caught five minutes before the half time whistle when he rose for a header with Magpies striker Papiss Cisse.

Matt Gamble, Everton's website manager, took to Twitter after the game to share a close-up picture of Stones' eye, complete with royal blue stitches.

re: John Stones Suffers From Nasty Gash

What a player this lad is turning out to be,old head on young shoulders.

The Barnsley fans who came on here when we signed him,saying how good he was,were spot on.
    They obviously know their footy.

got two or three coming through digby will be next cost more that 3 million though

[color=navy]
    Was it a straight fee for Stones, or does it go up with appearances etc.?

He's top class, so I would have expected some sort of add on in the transfer deal

Quote Originally Posted by tarnmad
    got two or three coming through digby will be next cost more that 3 million though
    Will keep a look out for him,what position does he play ?

Paul Digby, midfield , England u19 scored a couple as well, not in first team as you know were in ****e and its not the time to play young uns

I think it was 2 million plus add on,s then a sell on clause , but stones could well be next big English transferred defender but I think it will be in a couple of years obviously not now, how many 19 year old centre halves can you that's got the talent of this lad ? what's he worth now??

good luck for rest of season I can remember playing Everton in zenith data system cup years ago I think Howard Kendal was boss I got all teams autographs think it was Graham Sharpe era , good luck for rest of season

[p]
    Yet again this lad was great.

Thanks Moyes ( and Barnsley )

[p]

Quote Originally Posted by tarnmad
    Paul Digby, midfield , England u19 scored a couple as well, not in first team as you know were in ****e and its not the time to play young uns

I think it was 2 million plus add on,s then a sell on clause , but stones could well be next big English transferred defender but I think it will be in a couple of years obviously not now, how many 19 year old centre halves can you that's got the talent of this lad ? what's he worth now??

good luck for rest of season I can remember playing Everton in zenith data system cup years ago I think Howard Kendal was boss I got all teams autographs think it was Graham Sharpe era , good luck for rest of season
    Cheers pal and good luck to your lads too.

Quote Originally Posted by notnever
    [p]
    Yet again this lad was great.

Thanks Moyes ( and Barnsley )

[p]
    Yes another great performance for the lad.

[color=navy]
    He needs to score more

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)