+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 13 matches and 39 points to play for

13 matches and 39 points to play for

Excluding any relegation play offs, we have 13 games left with 39 points to play for.

On paper, our hardest matches are going to be against Dunfermline ( who we have still to play twice ) and Rangers ( one match still to play at Gayfield ).

If we can win at least 7 of our remaining 13 games, we have a good, decent chance of finishing just below mid table.

We have still to play both Forfar and Airdrie twice and we also have a must win match against East Fife.

Can we finish just below middle of the league - yes, of course we can.

Still think we need to "beef up" the defence as we have conceded more goals than any other team in the league.

Looking like we will need to gain about 22 points in the remaining 13 fixtures to avoid the play offs ( or worse ) .

C'mon the 'broath.

re: 13 matches and 39 points to play for

at least 21 points to survive

Considering we have only picked up 17 points so far , 21 points minimum from our remaining matches is a tall order but not impossible. Agree with Clash that we need reinforcements especially in centre defence. I have suggested a possible on another thread already. Our next away match at Stranraer ( cup replay may change this) is one we really need to take something from, draw would be good, a win brilliant. Hope these 2 bounce games have got our shooting boots on and we can kick on from here. C'mon lichties.

13 matches and 39 points to play for

To have no game next week, start to cause fixture congestion at this point in the season, through no fault of our own is unfortunate , we do not need free weekends so teams above can possibility get points in the bank

Is Saturday's match against Stranraer off?
    Their cup replay with ICT is scheduled for Tuesday 18th so don't see why our match on Saturday 15th should be postponed.
    Can't see us taking anything from that game nor from the Dunfermline, Ayr or Rangers games and we could struggle against Brechin, Stenny and even Airdrie. So finishing anywhere near mid table is maybe a bit over optimistic. Sadly, I would think that finishing in the play off place is more realistic and is at least better than finishing in the automatic relegation position.

I've seen nothing to suggest that the Stranraer game is off. There are a few of our travelling support making the long trek down there.

Our squad now looks much more sorted and I am moderately hopeful of a positive result on Saturday. It's a shame that we now have so much to do, but East Fife can surely still caught.

If we can sneak a draw tomorrow night against Dunfermline that would set things up nicely for the forthcoming cup ties ( every game we have left is now left will be like playing a cup tie ).

Dunfermline and Rangers aside, we can beat any team in the league - including Ayr.

Hopefully the new strikers will score goals on a regular basis - there should be no excuses as the midfield work really hard and will provide the forwards with plenty of service.

We need to plug the hold in defence and stop leaking goals.

I think we will hit a winning run very soon.

Time to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.

C'mon the 'broath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellevue
    Is Saturday's match against Stranraer off?
    Their cup replay with ICT is scheduled for Tuesday 18th so don't see why our match on Saturday 15th should be postponed.
    Can't see us taking anything from that game nor from the Dunfermline, Ayr or Rangers games and we could struggle against Brechin, Stenny and even Airdrie. So finishing anywhere near mid table is maybe a bit over optimistic. Sadly, I would think that finishing in the play off place is more realistic and is at least better than finishing in the automatic relegation position.
    My mistake I wrongly assumed that Stranraer's cup replay would be played next saturday

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)