+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Asset of Community Value

Asset of Community Value

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted on here, but something happened tonight up in the seaside town of Blackpool, which I thought maybe of interest to Pompey fans, the trust, etc.

Due to the shenanigans going on at Bloomfield Rd, an Independant Supporters Association has been set up, SISA.

The ground has been declared an 'Asset of Community Value' which, if I understand correctly, means that, the club cannot be sold willy nilly, supporters have to be consulted, and effectively, the land cannot be used for any other purpose. I do understand that Pompey, Fortress Fratton, is owned by the fans, ie a community owned club, nowadays. However during our ( yours, if I offend ) downfall, the land at Fratton Park was always a gem, the jewel in the crown, if you will.

Not sure if it has been looked at, I do seem to remember there is some kind of planning restriction surrounding Fratton Park, if it hasn't been looked at, I would like to post a link to the SISA web site http://www.sisa-bfc.co.u

re: Asset of Community Value

Me again.

Coming down this weekend for the AFC Wimbledon match. Got my tickets, treating my sandgrown fiance to a Fratton end weekend, for valentines day you understand, she doesn't get this special treatment all the time!

Any way, would it be possible to meet somebody from the PST? Sure I could ask while I am down there, but would rather have something in place. I will come to the rifle club, with my lovely lady, it's where I joined the PST.

No longer a member, however, I knew it was the right thing at its conception. And came down to give my support.

There is a PST bus parked in the car park behind the Fratton End manned by PST reps on match days(often Bluechimes aka strumpet with a trumpet).

You bored then Sui!!!!

Not this week btw but Passionate Pam as she is called will be there.

PST has considered applying to have FP listed as a Community Asset under the new legislation available but consensus after debate is that as it is now owned by the New Company in which PST is a major shareholder there is not the same need to do so if it were owned by a Third party.

In any event the protection offered by listing is not watertight.

KR

BC Das strumpet mit der Trumpet

Yep stood next to BC, on previous games, and John with his bell.

Not sure wether to blame my tinnitus on them two, or the navy

Can't wait for Saturday. My first home game this season, sorry folks. But those that come to Fleetwood, can tell me of the other 13.5k can do one. Same journey.

But Fe, this Saturday PUP PPU

g row I do believe!

Def blame the Bell

He's hit me and a few others on the head a few times not on purpose of course.

BC

That would explain quite a lot...

BC

Had a great day out. 3 points, well done!
    Great valentines Present !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)