+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst miss you've seen at Palmerston

re: Worst miss you've seen at Palmerston

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    For me it has to be George Cloy's penalty miss in the dying minutes of a League Cup tie at Palmy in 1996 when the tie stood at 1 - 0 to United. He skied the kick over the bar and i'm sure the ball would have landed half way down Terregles Street!!!
    League Cup 86 that one mate . You skipped a decade there . This was also the game we controversially had a goal disallowed for offside. I remember the Standard showing a photograph with the Queens player seemingly onside .[/quote]

Wee typo there JR...I knew it was '86 but for some reason I added 10 years on. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part in order to take a decade off my own age

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa_Sheet
    For me it has to be George Cloy's penalty miss in the dying minutes of a League Cup tie at Palmy in 1996 when the tie stood at 1 - 0 to United. He skied the kick over the bar and i'm sure the ball would have landed half way down Terregles Street!!!
    League Cup 86 that one mate . You skipped a decade there . This was also the game we controversially had a goal disallowed for offside. I remember the Standard showing a photograph with the Queens player seemingly onside .[/quote]

Wee typo there JR...I knew it was '86 but for some reason wI added 10 years on. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part in order to take a decade off my own age [/quote]Ha ha , I wish it was that easy to get ten years younger.

I watched GooTV highlights of the cup tie at Tynecastle and have to say (in fairness to young Bob) that Derek Lyle's fluff is probably the worst I've seen.

It was also a more important miss!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)