+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee

re: Dundee

Glad you guys are looking forward to a good game,Dees will be bringing usual good away support,hope to lay bogey to rest,c'mon the Dee!

Really looking forward to this game . The manager will have selection problems with Higgins & Russell returning from suspension & Burns out . Wonder who'll replace Burns & will he be tempted to bring wee Gav back into the starting 11 after his two goals last weekend - Good problems to have though .

Does Hartley still bring his players out early for his bizarre 5 minute warm up at halftime ? We'll no doubt see again tomorrow

Enjoyed last weeks performance and result v Falkirk and the same again this weekend would be brilliant. A win over Dundee would really put us in the mix and I honestly see no reason why we cant keep this great run of form up and push for the Championship.
    Burnsy seems to be coming into decent form but Mark Kerr is a good player and from what I saw last week he should provide a decent replacement for the wee man.
    A difficult decision for the Manager as to whether he starts Reilly or not, I would probably stick with Lyle and McHugh to start with and see how the game pans out.
    Hope we can muster a decent and noisy home support tomorrow as the Dees will have their usual good following.

Disappointed to lose that but the penalty decision & the red card ended up deciding the game .

Antell was unlucky not to save the penalty and made a very important save late on so credit to the lad . Young Jim will be upset tonight but he'll just have to take it on the chin & learn from it .

Del will be kicking himself for missing that effort but hey ho , that's football

Bring on the Falkirk

Thought we started very brightly then as the 1st half wore on began to give possession away in midfield and sat too deep which invited Dundee to attack, then the penalty came.

2nd half was expecting us to be under intense pressure but it never happened and Lyle missed a great chance to level one on one.

Overall we deserved a draw and thought we battled well under the circumstances.

Yes i agree Queens started well again this week. But how did Kerr stay on the pitch he was shocking today, played well last week but not in the game today at all, passing was terrible.Agree with Mc Hugh being subbed ,but not with Reilly and Mc Shane being withdrawn. Del should have been on from the start on last weeks performance. The midfield was very poor even when we had eleven players. Durnan and Dowie were brilliant at the back, and Callum played well when he came on.On the day we were beaten by an average team, on a game changing decision. Bring on the Bairns! Up the Queeens!

One mistake from young Jim cost us the game.
    He will learn from it.
    Unlucky to hit the bar the only thing Russell nearly did right today he was poor today.
    Lyle chance he has to score very poor could have have taken it round the keeper but in the end made it a easy save for the keeper.
    That is one thing we miss a striker who can take on the keeper one on one and always score.

keeper had no need to go in for challenge as the ball and player were going nowhere together, sub keeper unlucky with penalty, lyle shouldve went round the keeper, russell is now becoming a liability,unlucky not to have taken something from the game and does anybody know who the 2 muppets are that stand behind the goals and were directing abuse at sub keeper in telling him how to line his wall up for a freekick, is this the same 2 that have been referred to on here ump**** times for shouting abuse at our own players

Couldn't believe my ears at the fans shouting cheat at the ref after he awarded the penalty and rightly sent Jim off. It was as blatant a penalty as I've ever seen and a major error of judgement by the keeper who shouted for the ball when he was never going to get there first . A very very costly mistake that I am sure he will learn from . Up to that point we were comfortable and a win was on the cards . Fortunately still in the mix I suppose but a few tough away games to come so has to be put down as a major missed opportunity which I hope we don't regret later in the season .

I do wonder sometimes. Jim was last man so had too go for the ball. From my angle I couldn't see very much but the ball was taken away from the striker, which means he wouldn't have scored anyway as a defender tracking back had the ball. Very harsh red card. Dowie was caught in-mans land. Think dowie has had 2 shocking weeks very poor and well off the pace. Kerr was good 1st but knackered 2nd. And Lyle should have burried it. But very poor Dundee team will be a long season for there fans. With hartleys defend tactics

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)