+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Tom Finney

re: Sir Tom Finney

Sad news -RIP -thoughts with the family at the loss of a true legend and one of the "old school" from all I'm sure at Turf Moor.

A legend - RIP.

From a Queen of the South fan.

A truly humble and gentle man who had as much class off the pitch as those old enough to see him play say he had on it.

I'm sure PNE will pay respects in the appropriate way, but I'd hope the FA marks his passing at all grounds., and at the very least all local rivals pay their respects

RIP Sir Tom from a claret

A huge loss to football, definitely one of the all time greats. RIP and my condolences to the Preston footballing family.

Rotherham fan here

in Preston this weekend for a family event - very saddened to hear of Tom's death

Bill Shankly considered Tom to be the best player that England ever had - says it all really. Saw him a few years back near my in laws quietly walking his dog - a true gent I was told

RIP

Way before my time, but by all accounts one of the greatest English players. A gentleman from a bygone era, the likes of which we are unlikely to see again. Sad news for football, his family and PNE. RIP Sir Tom from a Burnley fan.

Notts County fan here paying respect, god bless Sir Tom Finney RIP X

RIP Sir Tom, a true legend in every sense of the word.
    A sad loss to all of us who love our football, but to the people of Preston in particular.
    From a Claret.

R.I.P. Tom

From a BWFC fan

My Dad played centre forward for Lancashire Youth and Tom Finney was one of the wingers - said he could "cross a ball onto a sixpence"

Loftouse, Finney, Matthews - that generation, and gentlemen of it's type, will never been seen again.

RIP

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)