+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Tom Finney

re: Sir Tom Finney

What a great, great player.

RIP

I'm a West Brom fan but would like to pay this tribute.

My dad loved Stanley Mathews but assured me that Sir Tom was by far the better player.

My dad,a Leeds fan who introduced me to Albion ( luckily! ) as a 10 year old also said that Willie Johnston was the only winger of "Modern times" fit to lace Sir Tom's boot's!

Based on those wise word's from the best judge of a footballer i ever knew and considering that for me "Wee Willie" is my all time hero,i bow in tribute to the finest winger this country has EVER produced.

RIP Sir Tom,a brilliant footballer and an equally fine man by all accounts,we shall not see his like again.

Condolonces to everyone at PNE and Sir Tom's family from us "Baggies" fan's.

Although I can't remember I must have seen him play a couple of times in the late fifties. He was one of the "Gigarette Card" greats. Another chunk of my boyhood past gone. The Langoliers are really putting a shift in just lately .

RIP Tom.

A legend has past away all the best to his family and preston, respect from Carlisle.

The game has lost a true great,from a time when players played for the shirt and not the wallet.

Great player,great man,great club man.

R.I.P. Tom Finney.

People talk a lot of bl(ks both in real life and on the radio about a whole gamut of subjects.

I often hear fans tell Collywobble he is a legend on the talkshoot phone in.

He is not.

Even though we in our family are Albion, my dad had nothing but praise for Tom Finney.

As has been said, star, club man and absolute legend of the game.
    R.I.P.

On behalf of all Derby fans RIP Sir Tom

My dads best player of all time. RIP Sir Tom...From a claret.

RIP Tom Finney. What a great loss

Condolences from the 'Wall. RIP Sir Tom

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)