+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Ham Utd Accounts

re: West Ham Utd Accounts

Cheers but i'm not very good at looking at accounts. Are we f_ucked?

Quote Originally Posted by whusc
    I am no accountant but would be interested in the opinion of those who know better!

It seems to me that we have just had a 45million debt added as money we, our club, now owe our owners. I suspect the debt free pledge means bank debt free only. Are our owners borrowing money secured on the club to buy the club.
    my partner is an accountant...has been for over 20 years for a big company in the city..i asked her to take a browse at this...she reckons the club is in quite a healthy state compared to where it was before G and S took over..she looked into other clubs accounts (which is easy to do) and i was amazed when she said our club is in a better state than many others in the premiership...some clubs that are also "much bigger"..so maybe we should know what we are talking about before we slate our owners,as we are in better shape than we have been for many a year,

COYI[/quote]

If your

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    I am no accountant but would be interested in the opinion of those who know better!

It seems to me that we have just had a 45million debt added as money we, our club, now owe our owners. I suspect the debt free pledge means bank debt free only. Are our owners borrowing money secured on the club to buy the club.
    my partner is an accountant...has been for over 20 years for a big company in the city..i asked her to take a browse at this...she reckons the club is in quite a healthy state compared to where it was before G and S took over..she looked into other clubs accounts (which is easy to do) and i was amazed when she said our club is in a better state than many others in the premiership...some clubs that are also "much bigger"..so maybe we should know what we are talking about before we slate our owners,as we are in better shape than we ha

Whether their sponsors are owned by relatives is irrelevant, if it's a separate legal entity then it's OK for them to spend silly money on sponsorship and help circumvent the rules. As usual what will happen is some clever clog somewhere will engineer around the rule, then someone will try and bring in another rule that they think will sort it out, but it won't. It's one of the many problems with capitalism. The problem is all the other systems are even worse

What are you lot going on about? ffs

I blame Championship Manager

Jumpers for goalposts

i don't think there is one person out there that 'feels' the club is in as bad shape financially as before the current lot took over

the tabloid boys are sharks but savvy sharks

we were daily fodder for these lads not so long ago

i detest some of the managerial things going on at the club but it's probably amongst the top six clubs in this country on the 'efficiency and maximising potential and income' front

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)