+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ** Arnason

re: Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by kempo
    In the first few minutes Arni misdirected a pass and up went the groans from the Neanderthals in the North stand with their protruding guts,ever sinking trousers and Einstinian footballing brains.

Was Arni fazed?...No!..he knew that against the thugs of Stevenage this was not a day for sublime skills...This was a day for men...he held his shaven head high ,held his muscles taught and stuck out his chest.

He stood strong and roughed it with any giant that dared come near him.
    On a day that others around him faltered under the physical onslaught Arni didn't give one inch.

If it needed kicking he kicked it...if it needed heading he headed it...if he needed to sneer when threatened he sneered.

Arnason was a giant amongst men...underrated

Amanda likes this.

Folk couldn't understand why he wasn't sold.

Arni is total class. He not only did his job but also covered for those who didn't do theirs. People who can't see that - well I wonder what they do see.

Then again football is all about opinions.

No one has mentioned the last ditch tackle on the edge of the six yard box in the second half. Perfectly timed, anything less would have been a certain penalty.

I could also mention the superb free kick right on to Pringle's boot on the touchline.

Arni an absolute legend. Tie him down with another contract quick.

Arnie went up for two balls in the first half, instead of heading then clear forwards, he headed backwards, mistakes :/
    Stop trying to make in a legend when he's no where near

Quote Originally Posted by Heman
    Arni is total class. He not only did his job but also covered for those who didn't do theirs. People who can't see that - well I wonder what they do see.

Unfortunately, some only see what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by AdidasSantiago

Unfortunately, some only see what they want to see.[/quote]

Yes like them that slag Davis all the time who had a good game again :/

[quote="Walter" waist and am a huge fan of Arni, for me he's the best most cultured defender since the great Gerry Forest.

I do know what you mean though Kempo, 4 guys who sit behind me spend all match hoping for Pringle to make an error and then have a go at him. Come to think of it they're all fat [/quote]

30" waist is your second Mitty

Quote Originally Posted by "redhouse" waist and am a huge fan of Arni, for me he's the best most cultured defender since the great Gerry Forest.

I do know what you mean though Kempo, 4 guys who sit behind me spend all match hoping for Pringle to make an error and then have a go at him. Come to think of it they're all fat ;D[/quote

30" waist is your second Mitty
    Lol, mate I wear 32/30 waist jeans, depends on the make. I don't eat meat or processed food, I run 12 miles a week, go to the gym 4 times a week, drink alcohol in moderation and I'm on a strict low cal diet getting in shape for a summer wedding.

Arnason's season is summed up by his mid table standing in the MOTM polls gentlemen. He can be a matchwinner on his day but the mistakes and sloppiness have unfortunately outweighed those attributes.

Solid enough game but second best to Davis yesterday who played superbly, basically with concussion until he came off.

The communication between Arnason and Collin is awful which is a big worry for me. So laid back at times it's crackers.

Overall MOTM has to be Frecklington.

For the record, when everybody is fit then Morgan and Arnason are still the defensive selection for me but we have options for different opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop

Unfortunately, some only see what they want to see.[/quote]

Yes like them that slag Davis all the time who had a good game again :/[/quote]

davis is the most underrated player in a millers shirt. not in my opinion, just check out the mans stats. wins/draws/losses-games started ration. think most would be surprised..

going back to the arni question. his biggest fault and this is not just aimed at him, is the talking. stevanage had 2 CB shouting orders/organizing all over the pitch. Not 1 millers player did this.
    i know we have 2 of the biggest mouths on the sidelines but without morgan we struggle with communication

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast