+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

re: So, them Claret and Blue sorts

Guess you'll laugh at anything when you can't even count.

More boxing than victories home or away , stop it you are killing me

Some of this Burnley lot need to remember they haven't even got promotion yet before they go acting like they've somehow bettered what we've done by having one good season in the Championship.

What a surprise a genuine Burnley fan in Stan starts a thread and it gets flooded by idiots who are getting a bit too excited by their table position.
    If we we go into financial meltdown which looks likely I have some great memories of the rovers which I never thought I would see I think for a chunk of Burnley fans their memory will be US imploding not how well they have progressed.

Its not uncommon that one of the divisions middle of the road sides, has an indifferent season, and either pushes for promotion. Leyton Orient are doing it in League One. Yeovil did it last season, and actually got up. You have to remember though, thats all it is, a one off season, at this stage, nobody has won anything. Personally, if I was them, Id be wary we could upset yhings a little. We wont be rolling over for them. Like they did so beautifully during that infamous 5-0 game they 'dont like to talk about'.

The same old idiots still turn up getting very excited. This had the startings of a good thread.

Lets just put this in the direction it always goes.

Burnley has a BIGGER catchment area for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by garfunkal
    Numerous European trips to watch the boxing , oh how we laughed
    So does that mean you cried when we won the league?
    Christ, what did you do when we beat you 5-0?

"Christ, what did you do when we beat you 5-0?"

I tried to leave at 4-0 but the stewards wouldn't let me; that was a bad day!

Things are looking good this year. We do need promotion though or we'll be back in the usual mess over the summer. Ings will leave, Trippier will probably go as well I think (he's been terrific this season), and we'll be the same old Burnley trying to scratch around for cheap players or loans to make up the numbers.

Dyche did incredibly well last season in signing Heaton, Jones and Arfield on free transfers as all three have been instrumental in our success, but how often do free transfers have that sort of impact? Jones in particular has been superb in the middle of the park - a calm head next to the erratic "runner" Dean Marney! They compliment each other perfectly and that's worked in our favour all year.

Regardless of what happens between now and May we can be rightly proud of what we've done. When Austin left we were relegation fodder in many people's

So does that mean you cried when we won the league?

Don't you mean bought

So a good thread gone to pot, its amazing nobody seems to understand the basics of a good debate( and yes I also have been guilty of getting a bit personal)it was meant as a friendly debate not a war on who is the best Etc Etc.

"Regarding his tactics, wasn't he replaced by Zola at Watford for style issues."

Not at all,Dyche was replaced because new Italian owners purchased the club (Udinese owners?),who then proceeded to fill Watford with foreign signings loaned from their Italian club.The owners,as you may suspect,wanted to put in place their own man and due to the influx of Foreign players at Watford coupled with the Italian ownership plumped for Zola.Infact many at the time thought Dyche was really unlucky to be replaced as manager as that season he had lead Watford to their highest league finish for some time and on a vastly reduced budget

[quote="thewellernut70"

Not at all,Dyche was replaced because new Italian owners purchased the club (Udinese owners?),who then proceeded to fill Watford with foreign signings loaned from their Italian club.The owners,as you may suspect,wanted to put in place their own man and due to the influx of Foreign players at Watford coupled with the Italian ownership plumped for Zola.Infact many at the time thought Dyche was really unlucky to be replaced as manager as that season he had lead Watford to their highest league finish for some time and on a vastly reduced budget[/quote]

Firstly I am a fan of Dyche, and well aware of his time at Watford. And also fully aware he was unfairly sacked to make way for Zola, inspired by the Italian owners, and link with Undinese.

But this is the second time I've heard this about Dyche getting Watfords biggest finish in years (Stan mentioned it a

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)