+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can anyone remember

Can anyone remember

Can anyone remember the of the young player who played for Mansfield Town?, who Ronnie Moore tried to sign in his first reign at RUFC. Thank you in anticipation.

re: Can anyone remember

Liam Lawrence

Now at Barnsley...Mansfield wanted 120k and I think we offered about 90k,Lawrence was keen to come
    Also at the same time Ronnie said a certain Mr Dave Kitson wasn't worth 100k!!!
    Ah well...you can't get em all right Ronnie...now then...where did I put that betting slip???

Not sure about the proposed Kitson deal - rumour at the tine was that it was Boothy who stopped the transfer going ahead

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller
    Not sure about the proposed Kitson deal - rumour at the tine was that it was Boothy who stopped the transfer going ahead
    No, Ronnie definitely said Kitson wasn't good enough.

For all Boothy's faults, I'm fairly reliably informed he only ever refused one signing wanted by Ronnie and that was because it was thought the player didn't come up to Ronnie's assessment of him. Don't ask me who it was, because if I was told, I can't remember.