+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swans v Napoli

Swans v Napoli

Free scoring Napoli arrive in town today,for Thursday's first leg in our Europa League tie.
    Let's hope leading scorer Higuain is unfit to play. He's scored 12 goals so far this season,but they have other who can score - Higuain 12,Callejon 9,Pandev 6,Dzemaili/Mertens 5,so a few good players to watch out for.They've won their last three matches including a 3-0 win over Roma in the Coppa Italia,and sit third in the table behind Roma and Juventus.
    I wonder if Michu will return,or whether we'll even field our strongest side anyway,with the Liverpool away match only three days later.

re: Swans v Napoli

I have no doubt Monk will field the strongest starting eleven he can, hope to see Michu back but not sure he'd play the full 90 minutes.

But pleas Mr Monk never play Vasquez again please.

I guess he heard you,no Vasquez in sight,as we fielded our strongest side. Michu still off with his ankle,but could be fit for Sunday.
    Tremendous performance by the lads last night,how we didn't score is a mystery,but fantastic goalkeeping by the Brazilian International first half,and his sub,Spaniard Pepe Riena second half,was an obvious factor.
    With match statistics 69%-31% possession,21-9 shots on goal,and 8-1 shots on target,in our favour,it shows how much we dominated the match,and only stout defending saved them.
    Now to replicate this form in the league,starting on Sunday against Liverpool.

Agree, that was a total performance that just lacked a goal or two, every player wanted to be there and play for Monk, and if I ever have seen someone give 110% that was it.

Very pleased with that performance, Routlege was outstanding as was Dyer, Pl has to be the priority though so I'm not fussed if we go out.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)