+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Stadium Dream.

Olympic Stadium Dream.

Post 4 shows OS over existing stadium.

Enjoy the view! - view external link

re: Olympic Stadium Dream.

The overlays look good, that is if they turn out that way!

The roofing looks a wee bit short of covering all the seating though. Still that may not be the proposed finish roofing.

Good post

I wonder how it would compare matching it up with the new wembley stadium.
    I have been wembley 4 times now and have to say viewing was excellent.
    So for me if it compares to wembley viewing wise think it will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TOWIE
    sorry but the wembley analogy doesn't work for 2 reasons:

I went there for play off final, was 30 odd rows from the front and it was horrendous viewing. Had to watch the furthest half on the big screen (and everyone around did the same thing).

The capacity of wembley is 90k odd, OS will be 54k. All seats will go to back of stand so, common sense tells me that they start a lot further back from the pitch.

Brown out, why are you so against the new stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by michael tellinger
    Brown out, why are you so against the new stadium?

Because he's a jealous yid. As well as a boring wind up merchant.
    Read all of his posts if you don't believe me.

I wonder how they would compare if whoever produced these images had bothered to use a diagram of the OS AFTER it's been reconfigured and reduced to 54,000 capacity!

That is clearly the Olympic stadium as it was originally - hence the short roof. Of course our current seating arrangements look preferable. Of course some of the seats look a long way back... it's because they are/were.

The whole upper tier needs to be removed from the outer edge of that image before you can make a reasonable comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo_tevez
    I wonder how they would compare if whoever produced these images had bothered to use a diagram of the OS AFTER it's been reconfigured and reduced to 54,000 capacity!

That is clearly the Olympic stadium as it was originally - hence the short roof. Of course our current seating arrangements look preferable. Of course some of the seats look a long way back... it's because they are/were.

The whole upper tier needs to be removed from the outer edge of that image before you can make a reasonable comparison.

Just to be clear mate I'm a supporter of the Stratford move for several reasons but that top tier and the seats ain't going anywhere. It's the bottom section that's being removed and replaced with mechanical sliding seating the get closer to the pitch. The top section will be the cheap seats and will be quite far from the pitch but I've sat at the back of that stadium and seen a shot-put being thrown at the far side so you'll st

Quote Originally Posted by sir terence brown
    sorry but the wembley analogy doesn't work for 2 reasons:

I went there for play off final, was 30 odd rows from the front and it was horrendous viewing. Had to watch the furthest half on the big screen (and everyone around did the same thing).

The capacity of wembley is 90k odd, OS will be 54k. All seats will go to back of stand so, common sense tells me that they start a lot further back from the pitch.[/quot

You have never been wembley then. Because I have sat upper tier eng v Brazil with a clear view of everything. I have also sat in corner section no viewing problems at all.

I really don't understand why any of you bother to 'engage' this waste of oxygen with any type of football related response/discussion. Its pretty obvious that its the ginger thumbed fu(ktard... yet again If you want to respond, just abuse the w@nker, it will soon get itself banned yet again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)