+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please FIFA/ UEFA change this rule

Please FIFA/ UEFA change this rule

The double whammy penalty and red card is too severe and is ruining good games of fitba.

Think of something else...

re: Please FIFA/ UEFA change this rule

An egg and spoon race to decide?

In all seriousness I agree, a penalty and a yellow would be sufficient on most occasions.

I suppose the defender could always not foul the forward when he's in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

That might work.

If they score the penalty, don't send him off. If they miss the penalty, send him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative_Poster
    I suppose the defender could always not foul the forward when he's in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

That might work.

If they go for the ball and mis-time it, it's the same penalty as a malicious tackle.

Agree if penalty is scored, yellow card only.

I still have not got over the 2011 Scottish Cup Semi-Final, a fkin 1230 kick-off on a Sunday at Hampden.

Having to leave stupidly early, meet beforehand in a bloody greasy spoon as no pubs were open at that time.

Game kicks off and after 10 minutes a tiny accidental-lookin clip on the heel from Considine on Hooper - Willie Collum couldn't wait to get the red card out, award a penalty and ruin the whole game almost before it had started.

Hate that rule !!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)