+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Nelson Editor of The Spectator

Fraser Nelson Editor of The Spectator

and a close ear on the ground with the Tory Party. Interesting comment in today's Telegraph

"Officially, Cameron's Government is making no contingency plans for Scotland's secession. But unofficially, the mood is bleak. Some of the Prime Minister's chief strategists now argue that the battle is lost and that a Yes vote is not only possible but probable."

With the polls continuing to close and Osborne's intervention last week aattempting to push the nuclear button backfiring its squeaky bum time for the no campaign

re: Fraser Nelson Editor of The Spectator

they know the tide has turned, momentum is with the Yes vote

Still think myself it will be a No but its going to be close

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHaze

Still think myself it will be a No but
    Lol. You're all over the shop.

It's all very well Scottish folk getting angry about the currency Union thing in the immediate aftermath of Osborne's comments. It's another thing entirely when it comes to the vote and we're all worried about taxes, currency, economics, stability etc.

As much as I hate the Tories, I think they've played a blinder here.

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn

Lol. You're all over the shop. [/quote]

8 smileys would suggest your unhinged

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    It's all very well Scottish folk getting angry about the currency Union thing in the immediate aftermath of Osborne's comments. It's another thing entirely when it comes to the vote and we're all worried about taxes, currency, economics, stability etc.

As much as I hate the Tories, I think they've played a blinder here.
    alternatively they have seriously blunted the sword of fear. If people aren't buying an alleged categorical major policy statement on post independence it suggests people aren't going to believe them on anything. They have over egged it. The tories best policy was to keep their mouths shut and stay out of it. That would have been the only thing that would have constituted playing a blinder for the tories.

I disagree.

All they really have to do is issue a scare story every few weeks until September to secure the Union.

Here if yer that sure it's a certainty put yer mortgage on it never odds drift so much in a fortnight since scones Cheltenham tips. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    I disagree.

All they really have to do is issue a scare story every few weeks until September to secure the Union.
    its the scare storys that are losing the No campaign votes, like I mentioned on another thread the No campaign has shown it doesnt really believe in better together, the mask has slipped

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHaze

Lol. You're all over the shop. [/quote]

8 smileys would suggest your unhinged [/quote]

It's you're fault.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)