+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems logging on ?

re: Problems logging on ?

I tried filling in the Contact form, but it wouldn't send. I decided to send an email to the guy at DSG who was doing the upgrade instead (I know Yubbs has already emailed him). I don't know if LMV/Statesey would be able to contact admin directly on our behalf? Anyway, here's what I emailed ...

Hi Chris,

I'm Winnie, a poster on the Villa Mad board. Reading the board over the last couple of months, it has become clear that there are a number of long standing and much loved regular posters who have been really struggling to post since the server upgrade. As I'm sure you will appreciate, this is spoiling the enjoyment of the board both for the posters who are experiencing issues, and those of us, who are missing their contributions.

I understand that changing servers can be a difficult job, and I'm sure that you are working hard to resolve the issues. A couple of us were wondering, however, whether you were aware of the extent to which posters are experiencing problems, and the na

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    One thing I've noticed is we're not simply logging into VM. We're also connecting with numerous advertising and statistical based sites. From my estimate we're connecting with at least 15-20 sites.When one of those sites doesn't connect then the VM page doesn't resolve or it takes ages waiting for the ad site to connect.Very flawed.

I'm on an apple laptop and I can see the connections bottom left of the screen.
    Hmm ... interesting. I can't see anything on my screen (don't use an Apple) ...

Good stuff Winnie, can't do much more than that.

I notice with other sites the same thing but usually three or four connections. Nowhere near the numbers logging into VM.

An example would be www.adserv.com (connected)

Thanks Oz. I just thought that if they're not aware of the problems people have been having, then they can't do anything about trying to fix them.

I was blissfully unaware that we were connecting to all these other sites until I read your post. That's quite a big difference between VM and what you say is a more normal number ...

I never did hear back Winnie

I didn't think you had, Yubby. Just checked my emails this lunch time. Nothing yet. I don't know if I'll get a response, but all we can do is try. As the contact form wasn't working, I couldn't think of who else I could get in touch with. At least we are making them aware, if nothing else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)