+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: maradona.

re: maradona.

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    glad to see though that most prefer maradona to messi.
    Why, what is your personal issue that makes this so important to you?

Quote Originally Posted by happytim
    just been watching a few youtube videos of him.

he was lightyears ahead of messi, im p1ssed off with the comparisons.

maradonas dribbling was amazing, more often than not he beat his man or men, he knew when he wasnt going to beat the next man so would move the ball to someone else, he rarely looked as if the opposition knew his intentions.

messi on the other hand, can be read by clever defenders and still often dosent realize hes about to get his erse picked, too slow at moving the ball on, slow to look up, only passes when right on an opposition player, rarely makes a one touch pass to confuse opposition, and in terms of decision making and brains is lightyears behind maradona.

many of messis passes actually leave the team behind where they started from as he lets defenders regroup.

maradona was a great team player too.

if you have any doubt go and watch some on youtube.
    Aye yer right.

Messi's just been really lucky.

Each to their own. Personally I prefered Puskas to Maradona. Star man in one of the greatest international sides ever and crucial player in probably the greatest club side of all time.

i saw maradona at hampden when the argies rode us 3-1 , the boy ran the show and he was about 17 then

best player i ever saw

Quote Originally Posted by gersforme
    i saw maradona at hampden when the argies rode us 3-1 , the boy ran the show and he was about 17 then

best player i ever saw
    I was at that game. He was awesome that day. I think it's wrong to compare players from different eras to each other there are so many differences to take account of. Changes in everything from the weight of the ball, the footwear, the pitches and physical changes due to modern training methods and diets. Although you can have a player who is your favourite of all time you can only really say that a particular player is, in your opinion, the best of his generation. In my mind Maradona was the best of his generation, Messi is the best of his and Puskas the best of his etc. My all time favourite is Puskas but as I say each to their own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)