+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Ham match thread

re: West Ham match thread

I have a good feeling about this. The hoofers minus the pikey? Keep Nolan quiet, which shouldn't be too difficult for Schneiders and we can do this.

Like the look of the team, and a strong bench too, great to see Dejan and Gaston back.

Skates go 1-0 down & we go 1-0 up

West Ham clear the ball. Hoof shout the Southampton fans.

1 -1 Offside.

Ok, yet another game ruined by a poor decision, this time the Lino.

Another "ball hits hand" incident that may have been given by other refs, especially to the likes of Chelsea etc.

But, bottom line, we didn't take our chances, when they came, especially the cross by Shaw, that just missed Lallana and the two shots, from Gaston and Lallana, when both clear on goal.
    Plus West Ham got the luck, when it was needed, with the final "ball", for both their 2nd and 3rd goals, coming from Saints defenders, as in ricochets off Yoshida and Fonte.

Gaston looked good though.

Well at least one board member has had a RIGHT old touch today, beers on Souths I reckon...

West Ham did what they do better than we did what we do - it's as simple as that..

Yes, I was disappointed with the offside decision but that in itself wasn't why we went down 3-1. It's all well and good playing pretty football and having the majority of the play, but it counts for jack if you don't create chances in the final third.

Big plus point was Gaston who looked sharp and hungry when he came on - that creativity could be just what we need in our run in.

And a pity that Lovren wasn't fit enough to start at Sunderland. Had he done, I reckon he'd have been a shoe in for today which may well have contributed to a more resilient back four..

A disappointing result the plus side seeing Gaston playing and Lovren on the bench, hopefully be back for the next one. Speaking to a Hammer fan after felt Clattenberg didn't give them anything either and as an amateur referee who felt his officiating was very poor. Admitted it's not entertaining to watch, how a team like West Ham play like the away team even at home must be Labourous. Though they did punish us on the counter.
    Even Barca had a bad day losing 3 - 1 today.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    West Ham did what they do better than we did what we do - it's as simple as that..

Yes, I was disappointed with the offside decision but that in itself wasn't why we went down 3-1. It's all well and good playing pretty football and having the majority of the play, but it counts for jack if you don't create chances in the final third.

Big plus point was Gaston who looked sharp and hungry when he came on - that creativity could be just what we need in our run in.

And a pity that Lovren wasn't fit enough to start at Sunderland. Had he done, I reckon he'd have been a shoe in for today which may well have contributed to a more resilient back four..
    Agree with all this.

We actually dominated most of the game, second half especially but we are just not clinical enough in the final third. JayRod is just far too incosistent and Lambert sadly looks like he's on his last legs. We can't expect Adam to bail us out every game.

Gaston's p

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast