+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Truths

re: Home Truths

Think Sheerin should get the suit on and focus for the rest of the season on managing the rest of the players. He still has the ability but his sharpness is just gone and his feet can't keep up with his brain.

I think Little is better than Banjo but he simply had a shocker yesterday. I'd be happy enough to see Banjo play where Sheerin played yesterday. We could have done with it yesterday to double up on Gav.

No real complaints about the starting front pairing, given that neither will be fully match fit. I don't think Deuchar even broke into a jog but he seems to have a poachers instinct, just a shame that he missed the 2 gilt-edged chances that came to him. Doubtful he'll get a start due to lack of fitness. Hopefully it won't result in Robertson being frozen out though.

Cook will have to come straight back in and I hope Chris Scott gets some more game time too.

I happened to be standing just in front of Steeplejack at the end of the 2nd half, and I shared his frustration with Tra

That's a pretty good summation by the Legend. I don't think many at the game would argue with that. Last week Sheerin was even poorer and came off at half time.

There are very few who believe that PS can do no wrong. We are all fans who really want to see the good times again and aren't convinced that changing managers is an answer. Agree that he should concentrate on managing now and turning things around.

Left at 0-3, 1st time I have done that, cant agree on Keddie he was as bad as any of the rest of them, Linn and Nicol apart, do agree if the manager's position is not under threat he needs to get into a suit on the touchlines,

I also understand the sense in replacing the manager and getting someone in, to appraise the squad for a "tilt" at League 2 next season, but whom

Arbroath outplayed Forfar in the entire first half, but due to a combination of good defending , not taking our chances ( including having the advantage of the wind )and an error in defence by Sheerin we went in at half time a goal down.

Forfar somehow managed to grind out two more goals which they barely deserved ( the didin't have the advantage of the wind in the 2nd half as the weather had settled down )- but somehow managed to catch Arbroath on the break.

Really frustrating how Arbroath are being beat by very ordinary , mediocre football teams - the only decent players Forfar have were the ex Arbroath players.

Arbroath's last game of the season is against Airdrie away from home - depending on how results go, things could go to the last game of the season to decide who will be playing in the relegation play offs.

In summary, yesterday was a dreadful result against a Forfar team who were also dreadful .

Chis should not be playing in Centre Mid, That position is shouting out for BANJO, Can peanuts not see that ????????

The joker in the pack...you're having a laugh mate
    CCR

Again we have lost by one goal, some of our defending this season has been laughable yes but still the passing football is there for all to see. However we are in a results business and the results and there for all to see that is why we are bottom. I still believe the biggest loss to PS has been Brian Kerr we have never replaced him saying that Kevin Nicholl seems to be a good acquisition in that area strong and hard running, Chis i,m afraid really gone of the boil. Could,nt believe we were three down as where i was it was all arbroath and Forfar had three chances and took them. No way can we throw in towel as one win away from second bottom but if we have to consilidate in Div 2 then so be it. Agree with all posts we are certainly crying out for a dominant centre half but i,m sure they have been trying. Keep believing but don,t be too down hearted if we go down , look at EastFife, Stenny pushing the panic button, PS is the man to manage this great club, not so long ago we were the

As a very long time Lichties fan I think that since PS won us our first ever championship we owe him one relegation. So he should stay and have the chance to get us back up next season. If the first half of next season is bad he should find another career. I am a bit worried that his 2 seasons of success were built on bringing himself, Doris and S****ie from Perth, and I also agree that Brian Kerr was crucial, but for me we owe him one more chance.

According to the match stats on the BBC web site, Arbroath had 59% possession yesterday.

Arbroath had 11 corners - Forfar only had 1 ( yes one ), corner throughout the complete match !

Arbroath had 15 shots at goal ( 5 on target ) and Forfar had 9 shots at goal ( 5 on target ).

Arbroath were easily the best team yesterday, but we need to start winning games.

We need to start making out own luck - dreadful as Forfar were yesterday, they still managed to leave Gayfield with 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by stan3600
    As a very long time Lichties fan I think that since PS won us our first ever championship we owe him one relegation. So he should stay and have the chance to get us back up next season. If the first half of next season is bad he should find another career.
    I'm a young Lichties supporter. I've only been supporting Arbroath for 5 seasons now. I've been to every single game home and away this campiagn. Yet, I seriously don't think I'll be back if Sheerin is still in the job if we get relegated. He really does have to pay with his job if we get relegated. We owe him nothing now. Had he been relegated in his first season back in this division then yes, we may have had question to back him. Since then - his second season in charge - every step he has taken has been a backward one.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally see a lot of fans turning their backs on the manager, if he is still in charge in League 2. Attendances ar

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)