+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home Truths

re: Home Truths

Im firmly in the Sheerin must stay camp.

Three very good seasons out of four, some cracking players enticed to Gayfield, and the best football for years on show.

This season he was let down badly by Steve Milne, a proven goal scorer at every club he had been at, then very unlucky with injuries to loan signings Lee Erwin and Steven Doris.

Hamilton has had a poor season, and Little has just returned from a long injury, I also know for a fact he has tried to bring in a couple of young premier league players but they somehow think Arbroath is below them??

We are a small club who live within their means and I would take a relegation every day of the week over throwing silly money at a couple of big time Charlies just to avoid a relegation.

We ALL want the same thing, I bleed maroon, I would NEVER turn my back on my home town, I get angry/disappointed like every supporter, but at the end of the day im a Lichtie, and proud of the fact I support my local team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Refhater
    As a very long time Lichties fan I think that since PS won us our first ever championship we owe him one relegation. So he should stay and have the chance to get us back up next season. If the first half of next season is bad he should find another career.
    I'm a young Lichties supporter. I've only been supporting Arbroath for 5 seasons now. I've been to every single game home and away this campiagn. Yet, I seriously don't think I'll be back if Sheerin is still in the job if we get relegated. He really does have to pay with his job if we get relegated. We owe him nothing now. Had he been relegated in his first season back in this division then yes, we may have had question to back him. Since then - his second season in charge - every step he has taken has been a backward one.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally see a lot of fans turning their backs on the manager, if

As said above, I think we should give Sheerin the chance to firstly keep us up, or get us back up if we go down. I have been going to Gayfield for more years than I can remember and recall some awful times ie the years with Fleming, Campbell, Cairney and others of that ilk. I also recall Albert Henderson receiving harsh criticism in his early days but the committee decided to stick with him and he went on to take us to unheard of heights. Ultimately it will be the board who take the decision on where we go from here. Let's hope they make the right decision for the long term future of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ectolichtie
    I would suggest to you that your 5 years as a supporter have been pretty good
    However, if we are relegated this season, that will be two relegations in 5 years! Just wanted to balance the argument a bit. Disappointing in that respect. I know many a fan will have been through worse experiences supporting the clubs they love. It would have been nice to think we could at least have consolidated, albeit in our third season, our position as a club in this division. Forfar and Brechin have managed it, yet we really should have the better of them. We are better than them, even if the league doesn't say so. On our day we play good attacking football. We just cannae f**king defend to save ourselves. The gaffer has never, ever sorted this flaw out and we now look to be on our way down. So very disappointing...

P.S. I'll be at East End Park tomorrow night supporting our boys and the gaffer while hope still remains. Love supporting the Lichties, yet it is with great regret that I cannot seriously follow a manager next season, all over the country, who lead us back to division 3(League 2)!

In 2011 Arbroath won the 3rd Division title under Sheerin - this was out very first senior honours in the club's 133 year history.

Last year Arbroath famously drew with Celtic in the cup at Parkhead and earned a reply at Gayfield.

Over the past 3 - 4 years the club had quality players such as Steve Doris and Josh Falkingham proudly wear the maroon jersey.

A few weeks ago one of the club's best players ( Bobby Linn ), signed a new 2 year deal.

New signing Nicholl is also proving to be a good addition to the team.

I think we can all agree that this season has been a big disappointment.

However, I think Sheerin has earned the right to be given another year as manager and deserves to be shown loyalty, support and unity.

Sheerin is a passionate, dedicated young manager and this season's setbacks can be used as a learning experience.

To help start planning ahead for next season, the board should offer Sheerin a new one year contract , this would allow him to get on with his job and r

Unless I have been mis-informed Sheerin is at A.F.C. for another season anyway.
    C.C.R, I and others are not in accord with your feelings regards giving him another season if we are relegated, sorry.He has had ample opportunity to rectify our problems in defence which have been glaringly obvious since last season.
    We came into league 2 to stay not to be relegated.Chiels are facts that will na ding.

I think HC is correct in stating that Paul still has another year on his contract.

I disagree that he's had his chance. He deserves the time to turn things round again, even if it is from League 2. At least we have had a good season of income from the Get and Pars. You only have to look at the disaster of Morton who sacked their manager and will now be relegated and miss both Rangers and Hearts games.

Those of us who stayed to the end on Saturday must appreciate that PS still has the players playing for him and that they were applauding the fans after the final whistle. I felt like leaving after Forfar's third, but I'm glad I didn't.

He won the THIRD division with a gang of EX PREMIER league players I think even you might have been able to do that CCR. He has had too long and done nothing about the DEFENCE weakness. Does he want relegation then win the THIRD div again so some see him as GOD again. It's a joke show him the door.

SS 10 cannie argue with your first 2 points

But whoa man brutal stuff " Does he want relegation "

1m the most cynical boy going with a real bad attitude ( nothing to be proud off ) but that was a bit strong Give him another shot if we go down who is out there perhaps another gem like he was or the usual (Scottish Football Mgr ) suspects Ill stick and no twist on this one

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)