+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home Truths

re: Home Truths

Just getting in there before others do ectolichtie! As the forum subject states - "Home Truths". Very reactionary too, these forums you know...

[quote="Mr_Refhater". Very reactionary too, these forums you know...[/quote]

The "Home Truths" bit doesn't mean the home truth that I'm a c**k in case anybody's reading at this late hour!

Some of these comments seem to suggest an element of choice over our supported team. A strange concept.

Most of us support AFC through thick and thin. Players, managers and boards come and go, but the Club always needs our support.

I'll be at Brechin on Saturday and Montrose next season if needs be.

well said TL

Supporting your team is not just another `consumer' choice, its a commitment, usually lifetime. And it doesn't really matter the circumstances of any particular time period.

That's why its character-building not just mere consumption or entertainment. A lifetime following the Lichties has made me the bitter and twisted individual I now am

I can recall only every decade or so such a long and dismal run but it will end sometime. My advice would be, just grin and bear it - it makes the fleeting few successes which lie ahead all the sweeter

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie
    Some of these comments seem to suggest an element of choice over our supported team. A strange concept.

Most of us support AFC through thick and thin. Players, managers and boards come and go, but the Club always needs our support.

Well put, supporting a small team will at times have more downs than ups, that is what makes the ups better, that is just the way it is, and Mr Refhater I do not think you are a c**k

Quote Originally Posted by ectolichtie

Well put, supporting a small team will at times have more downs than ups, that is what makes the ups better, that is just the way it is, and Mr Refhater I do not think you are a c**k[/quote]
    Totally agree guys. Supporting a small club like ours involves more heartache than for instance the perennial trophy winning old firm but it means successful days like the title winning day and the draw at Celtic Park taste all the sweeter. It is these memories that sustain you during the spells of mediocrity as now. Heads up though guys, we will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie

I too made a choice to support our club. Fair enough I haven't had to endure too many hard times, in my short time as a fan. That has to be taken into consideration when putting the current malaise into context. However, I'm very passionate about football and the team which I support. Passionate so much so that I have strong, yet considerate beliefs and views like any follower. A long analysis of the season, taking into account the previous season(2012-13) has brought me to the conclusion that a change is required if we are inevitably relegated.

Sadly, I desperately want to be back next season. I've seen every game this season an

ectolichtie - "Mr Refhater I do not think you are a c**k."

Ta! Never want to be nasty about our players, but it is difficult to not admit what is blatantly obvious, in front of your eyes sometimes...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)