+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We can still make it,

re: We can still make it,

Quote Originally Posted by KeeptheCityGround
    I understand that you have injuries, fair enough, you have some good players out at the moment.

However, even the team you had on the field yesterday cost more to put together than Burnley and Derby combined.

So whats the problem?
    Makes me laugh when sheep and Burnley fans bang on about how much money we've spent. They make it sound like we've spent 15/20m pounds. We've got a net spend of probably 3 or 4m pounds.

They both conveniently forget that both of them have been in the greed league in past 5 years with all the riches that come with that. Something we've not had. Unbelievable.[/quote]

i like the fact that you have reviewed your own post at the end, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by HOODIE
    I understand that you have injuries, fair enough, you have some good players out at the moment.

However, even the team you had on the field yesterday cost more to put together than Burnley and Derby combined.

So whats the problem?
    Makes me laugh when sheep and Burnley fans bang on about how much money we've spent. They make it sound like we've spent 15/20m pounds. We've got a net spend of probably 3 or 4m pounds.

They both conveniently forget that both of them have been in the greed league in past 5 years with all the riches that come with that. Something we've not had. Unbelievable.[/quote]

Since I don't have the time nor inclination to check your figures we will simply accept them as being correct.

Your figures simply confirm you have spent

Quote Originally Posted by triz

i can't say i disagree with that, crime is a strong word however, whoever finishes there has done a good job but burnley are looking fantastic and have done all year. Having said that we're only 2 points behind them atm, so how well have we done too? both of us spending a fraction of you guys too.

Spending money on players counts for nothing if you can't play them.
    Derby seem to be getting the rub of the green - your winner yesterday came from a free kick that wasn't.
    We aren't getting any favours at the moment
    well we were above you before your injury crisis, and as for the" rub of the green!!" obviously you missed the fact that we had a stonewall peno that wasnt given, it was the most blatant peno ever (unlike your cheater cox' dive,again), but i guess that doesn't fit into your narrative.[/quote]

Yeah I missed it, I don't listen to your commentary on the radio or read the match re

no it seems about even (which disproves your point entirely), its hardly rubbing for us when at that point we should've been a goal up with a peno that wasn't given. And you cant say you aren't getting the rub of the green when your resident diver is "winning" you penalties

ps if you get to see extended highlights you'll note just before we were given that freekick, hughes was kicked to the floor and then kicked on the floor a couple of times, he then skinned 2 people whilst on the floor and got up skinned another and then we got a freekick. The point of this story ios we were most definitely not getting the rub of the green, all game. It was one of the worst performances from a ref i have seen and if i didnt know better id say he was a forest fan.

[quote="triz" you penalties[/quote]

I suppose it does disprove my point but considering I knew nothing about the penalty appeal you can let go of me now eh?

Just out of interest who was fouled in the 'stonewaller'?

Triz, unusually silent after being asked a question.
    Well, was it U Boat Martin then?

We lost heavily at home but I'm not dreading the FLS tonight. I hope Burnley v Derby is the featured game.
    WHOOP WHOOP blow the ballast tanks Captain

U boat Martin,

Absolute classic.

The guys an enigma

Martin's antics will soon make him a liability and
    McClaren might have to give him Das Boot.

His career could be torpedoed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123