+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/t. May Day ...

o/t. May Day ...

Do the club still do a draw for a car ?

re: o/t. May Day ...

Not this year by the looks...

Quote Originally Posted by 18MILLERS84
    Do the club still do a draw for a car ?
    We given up on Draws only Injury Time Winners!!!!!

Don't think they've bothered with the car for the last couple of years.

All gone a bit quiet over the 'big' draw. Not really seen any promotion of the Mayday draw (other than the winning numbers displayed), lately.

Mayday draw used to be a lifeline for the club and was promoted and sold as such, these days it is seen as a side income stream and you see very little promotion or a willingness from the club to promote it.
    Personally it is totally unattractive without a 'BIG' prize and as such i'll keep my money in my pocket, maybe if others did the same the club may get their head out of their ar$e$$ and pay attention to those fans who supported them in the dark days. Sadly the club is going in an unpleasant direction with regards to the fans and precedence is being paid to the 'PLASTICS' and not those who kept the club going.

I know it used to be drawn Xmas/new year but over recant years as moved further and further into the year (I guess that's a advantage to the club) but shows a disrespect to the fans who ultimately finance the junior teams .

Not sure what happened to the car draw. Its pretty poor that theyve never made any sort of announcement / wrote a letter to mayday members with the changes to the potential top prize.

Its also pretty crap that theyve reduced the number of runner up prizes from 5 down to 2 to save AŁ60 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gazisamiller
    Not sure what happened to the car draw. Its pretty poor that theyve never made any sort of announcement / wrote a letter to mayday members with the changes to the potential top prize.

Its also pretty crap that theyve reduced the number of runner up prizes from 5 down to 2 to save Ai60 a week.
    If that's the case the club should be ashamed of it's self treating people with such contempt and I for one will be stopping my direct debit !

They did that at least 3 years ago.

IMHO who really gives a toss about £20 anyway. £1000 is what it's about.

Anyone else notice that the machine they now use for draws seems reluctant to go into four figures?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast