+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t Tunisia ...

o/t Tunisia ...

Tunisia is a place I've never been, but I'm off to on the near future. Advise is what I'm after as regards to general things to lookout for regards safety,things to avoid , places to visit ect. I know the reps will advise but they are also there to sell trips and things.

Thanks in advance

re: o/t Tunisia ...

Alcohol can be expensive and if you get smart and go out of a hotel complex, be aware that they will sell you non-alcoholic beer.

In French, Sans alcohol means "without alcohol", and that is why it's cheaper.

Personally I didn't enjoy Djerba, but that doesn't mean that you won't. Have a good un.

if you get offered a two day trip to the sahara go for it.we went and it was the best bit of the holiday.beautiful country tho the people can be a bit .
    other than that enjoy!.

Went to Port El Kantoui for Honeymoon in 2010.

Wished we had done the Sahara trip, but we were only there for a week.

The hotel, service & food were stunning.

Tunisia itself - friggin dive and the people are grumpy as feck (hardly surprising)

Got on my nerves being offered 200 camels or whatever for the wife and attempting to be dragged inside every damn crap hole shop. I realise its culture, custom etc and am wide eyed enough to appreciate it, but it just got on my tits after a while telling everyone No!

Place id full off half built houses, as loans are against religion (so we're told), so people have to build em in bits and they dont get taxed on it until there's a roof on.

Will never go again, and deffo arrange a better location 2nd honeymoon.

(everything else was brilliant btw is you know what I mean )

Have not been myself but from replies above I'm guessing the experience is similar to whenever 'rich' tourists (you may not consider yourself rich but believe me you are) visit poor nations. You have the choice of staying within the sterile environment of your hotel/resort or venturing out to experience 'real' life where begging, trading and bartering are part of everyday life.

i went to monastir it was a ****hole. i would never go back. decent hotel grounds but everyone had the ****s.

Really don't want to pee on yer bonfire worst place I've ever been they HATE English, hotel complex was like prison, bloke we got to know ventured out for proper grub n got mugged. We were on antibiotics for two weeks when we got back, but my mate who recommended it, went for four years on the trot (excuse the pun)on the plus side ...best tan I've ever had...good luck with it hope you have a great time...each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by 18MILLERS84
    Tunisia is a place I've never been, but I'm off to on the near future. Advise is what I'm after as regards to general things to lookout for regards safety,things to avoid , places to visit ect. I know the reps will advise but they are also there to sell trips and things.

Thanks in advance

Things to avoid? Tunisia by the sounds of it

Each to his own, but I stayed in Hammamet and really enjoyed it. I recommend the trips to Tunis, Carthage and El Djem.

Brother goes to Hammamet for a fortnight on Friday...will give you his full report on his return...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast