+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wolves Thread.

The Wolves Thread.

Anything about Wolves - pictures, anecdotes, movie clips, whatever.

Starting with the match that is still the record attendance at Old Trafford. Wolves v Grimsby, FA Cup Semi-Final, 25 March 1939.

Attendance: 76,962.

re: The Wolves Thread.

Here is a nice pic I had never seen before Wokes. Graham Hawkins, Peter the Great and Jim Barron in the Caribbean.

Date? Maybe mid sixties?

Woody, I have researched this and the dates those three players were at Wolves together were 1961-65. So that makes it Wolves 1964 Caribbean Tour:

21 May 64 beat Chelsea 3-1 in Bridgetown, Barbados.
    24 May 64 beat Trinidad 4-0 in Pointe a Pierre, Trinidad.
    25 May 64 lost 2-3 to Chelsea in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
    27 May 64 beat Chelsea 4-2 in Kingston, Jamaica.
    29 May 64 beat Jamaica 8-4 in Kingston, Jamaica.

Which particular game this was is anybody's guess!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF
    Here is a nice pic I had never seen before Wokes. Graham Hawkins, Peter the Great and Jim Barron in the Caribbean.

Date? Maybe mid sixties?

Showing a fair bit of leg there, but then it was the "Swinging 60s!"

Always liked this simple shot for the passion shown by the Doog!

Bully scoring for England, against the Czechs, 1990.

Another great Shot of Bully v Burnley in the SVT Final:-

Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers 26 March 1949. FA Cup Semi Final at Hillsborough. Press cameramen squatting on their little black cases or lying on their stomachs in the rain were part of the landscape at big football matches...and this is what happened when a shot went just wide of the post and heads towards them. Stan Pearson, Manchester United's inside left is lying on the ground (centre), having shot just wide of the mark. Daily Herald cameraman Bert Abell took rapid action as the ball headed for him. His dive for safety produced an involuntary release of the shutter...to record this picture as Billy Wright of Wolves standing behind the keeper looks on. The final score was a one all draw. Wolves went on to win the replay one nil.

A great shot, but the score should be: Ball 1-0 Photographer!

Rae and Ince giving a bit of stick.

I always loved this one as an action shot.

The 31st August 1986 Brian Little is appointed Wolves manager replacing Sammy Chapman, after half a dozen games I thought under this guy maybe we've got the one to lead us out of the deepest hole in the clubs history, little (excuse the pun) did I know he would last fewer than a dozen games as Wolves boss as he was sacked and replaced with Graham Turner it was a decision I was furious with at the time but hey the rest is history!!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/zmk18j.jpg[/I

Anglesey 1989...
    following on from my previous thread this team is the one that I remember so fondly even with some omissions it is one I'm fond of because I spent so much time watching them play, both home and away thes roll off the tongue like my heroes of the 70's.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/pytna.jpg[/IM

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)