+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumbarton

re: Dumbarton

Hate to criticise, but there is no way Mitchell's 'Good Cross' rate is as high as 80%. In actual fact I think his distribution lately has been pretty abysmal, and that's not as a comparison to his usual standards, in in general. I do like Mitchell and I'm glad he is with us, but his distribution has been the area of his play this term that has seriously frustrated me, which is a real shame as it was arguably his best asset last season :/

Quote Originally Posted by Supersouth1919
    Hate to criticise, but there is no way Mitchell's 'Good Cross' rate is as high as 80%. In actual fact I think his distribution lately has been pretty abysmal, and that's not as a comparison to his usual standards, in in general. I do like Mitchell and I'm glad he is with us, but his distribution has been the area of his play this term that has seriously frustrated me, which is a real shame as it was arguably his best asset last season :/

Agree. His crossing from being his strongest point has been disappointing this season for some reason.
    Could it be the pitch ? Is he carrying a injury? There was the period he was dropped for a few games at the early part of the season randomly.

Would have him in the team every week though and really hope he signs on for us next season.

I must concede that Mitch's crossing has not been as good this season, so I agree that the 80% good cross rating was way off the mark.

I still rate his overall performance in general, although today he was off the pace.

Queens deserved to win today, but 3-1 flattered them, because for long periods in the second half Dumbarton were in control.

Great win for Queens today, between two evenly matched teams. Dumbarton are one of the better
    teams i have seen this season on that showing.
    With two of our best players missing it was a very valuable 3 points.But to be honest the game could have ended a draw, because both teams had a few chances. Mc Hugh and Kerr both played better today, as so far i`ve not been impressed by them in previous games. Got to ask why did Queens sit back last 25mins it was asking for trouble.Looking forward to next weeks game against the Accies already. Up the Queens!

An extremely enjoyable game this afternoon against a good Dumbarton side .

Credit to them for having a real go at Queens even when they were 3-0 down & we're maybe lucky they didn't make the treble substitution earlier .

Big Durnan was yet again fantastic at the back . Glad we've him signed up again for next season

Very entertaining and about the best first half I can remember for a long while . All credit to Dumbarton as well . Extremely fit part time side that were strong to the end . We deserved win - just- but had a few hairy moments as well with Clark somehow pulling off a brilliant save that was going in to bottom corner. I am hoping I eat my words over McShane . Played well last week and today as well. Getting in to his opponents face more and I like that.

"Big Durnan was yet again fantastic at the back.Glad we've him signed up again for next season."

Agreed.The big fella was immense today, winning absolutely everything that Dumbarton pumped into the box(which was on numerous occasions!)Also getting on to the end of another pin point cross to open the scoring.Sponsors choice absolutely spot on.
    Dumbarton gave it some welly and will maybe feel miffed at not getting anything from the game,mostly due to Durnans virtuoso performance at the back.
    Was worried when he injured himself with that great tackle to defy the Sons' player a second goal.Hopefully no lasting damage and is fully fit for next week.
    Queens hitting woodwork twice in the first half and Russell driving just over the bar before the goals,the second of which just came at the time where you think that it would knock the stuffing out of the Sons.
    Wasn't to be though and although McHugh got the monkey off his back with a thumping third, Queens kinda sat back and let them back into

Have to agree with most posts and IMO this was the most entertaining game at Palmerston this season. Both teams were going at it from the start with attacking football and all credit to Dumbarton for keeping going after the third goal when most teams would have folded. The telling Difference in the game was two errors by the Dumbarton keeper at the crosses for both our goals when he came and got nowhere near them. The centre of defence didn't look to be to convincing either when Gav was running at them as I thought they looked a bit slow in that area, however going forward I thought they were as good as what we have played this year and we coped well with them, although there were a few hair raising moments in the last. 20 mins. One of the posts mentioned about queens sitting in for the last 20, however I would say we have to give Dumbarton credit and they pushed us back trying to get back into the match.

The one worry for me was Russell getting booked again. It appeared to me fr

Mitchell - another two fine assists!
    Worst full back in the league? Aye right!

Well said tam. IMO we have potentially the best two full backs in the league, particularly Mitchell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)