+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Best league in the World"...

re: "Best league in the World"...

The games between the top clubs in our league are almost always boring and predictable 0-0s or 1-0s.

I've found that matches between struggling sides are often more entertaining.

In many ways, I'd rather watch Sunderland vs Fulham than Chelsea vs Man City.

I think our league is often the most enthralling and it's almost always close in all aspects of the table and goes right down to the wire. Only 4 points separate 1st and 4th with 11 games to go. A lot of leagues have a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd. Relegation seems to always go to the last day too.

The best in terms of quality? No. In terms of excitement? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailly___7
    The games between the top clubs in our league are almost always boring and predictable 0-0s or 1-0s.

I think our league is often the most enthralling and it's almost always close in all aspects of the table and goes right down to the wire. Only 4 points separate 1st and 4th with 11 games to go. A lot of leagues have a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd. Relegation seems to always go to the last day too.

Man City 6 Arsenal 3? Spurs 1 Liverpool 5? Not always short of goals I'd say. And I find even some 0-0 draws are entertaining----but usually not when the likes of Stoke, Fulham, Villa etc are involved.

Everyone's got different tastes but I can't handle watching sides constantly getting the ball in wide places

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    Best league in the world when it comes to the best players. NO!!

Best league in the world when it comes to pure entertainment. HELL YES!!
    Agree on both counts there Jim.

My post was (obviously) pointed at the former !![/quote]

The games in the PL featuring the top clubs are as good as anything in Europe.

The games featuring the clubs outside that elite group are as dull as ditchwater unless you support one of those clubs imo.[/quote]

Think you've got it the wrong way around.

Our top 3 or 4 teams are inferior to Spain, Germany, France (top 2).
    Our mediocre teams are better than there mediocre teams.[/quote]

I said the games featuring the top clubs. I agree our top clubs are, at present, inferior to Europe's real heavyweights. But Liver

Regardless of who is playing i try and watch as many differant premier league games as i can. Also enjoy watching championship games and some europeon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman

Man City 6 Arsenal 3? Spurs 1 Liverpool 5? Not always short of goals I'd say. And I find even some 0-0 draws are entertaining----but usually not when the likes of Stoke, Fulham, Villa etc are involved.

Everyone's got different tastes but I can't handle watching s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)