+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: end of promotion hopes

end of promotion hopes

This signals the end of any automatic hopes , and I feel play offs are now ending ... injuries have ended it all .
    lets write the season off now ... bad luck happens and we have been hammered with it !!!!

re: end of promotion hopes

I agree, bad day, play offs at best for us now, we can't mess that up surly losing 4-1 at home is a bad bad result

If and it's a big IF, we get two midfielders and Wilson and Hobbs are fit plus BD stops playing players out of position we may hold out till the end of the season in the play offs. Then all our injured players maybe back to fire us into the PS. We just need some major luck. A thing we have been lacking of late!

Mcgugan ain't playing at Watford, Boyd ain't playing at Hull and Geddy ain't playing at CP. Let's get them back on loan and salvage our season. Now is the time to reinforce midfield and not ruin our season so far. Or what was the point. We need to fight for it and not let it slip away again.

Automatically out of it, but it's crazy to say play-offs are over or that we cannot achieve something if we make it.

If Lansbury, Reid, Vaughan, Wilson, Lichaj recover just at season's end, who says we don't have a shout?

But 1 thing's clear, injuries notwithstanding, anybody who says Bill Davies is the best manager since Clough is crazy and I've been following Forest long enough to know.

He's just too complicated. Sure he got us here, but there always seem a limit as to how much further he can go.

Simple penetrating football with easy passes and a shot at the end, that's the real Forest way.

But BD is losing it. He needs to dig deep now and repay the chairmans and the fans faith. If he gets in two or three midfielders on loan we can stay in the play offs, hang it out and then when our top boys are back we can nick promotion.

Look at West Ham. They looked dead and buried but slowly their injured players came back and they turned the corner. We could still do that. We just need a boost in midfield to keep things ticking over!

To be very honest I'm not too upset by this DLL run against Leicester, Burnley and Wigan.

These are strong teams in good form and it's not altogether a shock we struggled given our injuries. We've built a healthy advantage to get into the play-off places to afford us these slips.

However failure to beat Barnsley next week with or without our injury problems will be a very disappointing result.

Be is losing it?Billy needs to dig deep?its not Billy who gets the loans in,he gives a list to fawaz and he sorts the deals.
    Un like west ham Cohen and hoobs are out for the season lansbury and Vaughan are more or less out for the season.so we havnt got players coming back that can make much of a difference.

You are a total idiot. Whilst 2nd is now highly unlikely we have enough games at home against the likes of Donny, millwall, Charlton etc.

One game does not make a season, today's result not important.

I am in the Brian clough stand seat 99 row 12 block r if you care to share your pathetic ideas at the next home game.

Another idiot poster. Billy is by far the best manager we have had since frank Clark. I have been watching forest since the days of Duncan Mckenzie.

I am in seat 99 row 12 R block brian clough lower. Do pop by at the next home game to discuss your ridiculous statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast