+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NO MORE MOANING ANYMORE...

NO MORE MOANING ANYMORE...

Well this week anyway

Had the pleasure of sharing the Glesga train on Friday going to the Stranglers concert for part of the way with Paul Sheerin and what a total nice bloke he is who is gutted at the situation we are in and admits he has made mistakes and he loves being the manager of our great club.

Anybody who did not think we deserved a result against Emmerdale last week must of been on whacky-baccy and what a great result today against the Hedgetrimmers and I am glad Bobby and McManus were amongst the goals, again look at the amount of games we lost with one goal and I am convinced if we had McManus those games could have been draws or wins.

I for one am backing our manager.

C'mon the Lichties.

re: NO MORE MOANING ANYMORE...

Much better performance and result. Pressed Brechin high up the park and forced mistakes from their back line.

McManus put a great shift in up top and Chisholm was a different player from what we've seen most of the season. Brechin couldn't cope with the ball over the top and Sheerin was actively trying to play it as early as possible.

I think we'll probably still have to up our game next week, there's no way East Fife will give us cheap goals like Brechin did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichtielegend
    Much better performance and result. Pressed Brechin high up the park and forced mistakes from their back line.

McManus put a great shift in up top and Chisholm was a different player from what we've seen most of the season. Brechin couldn't cope with the ball over the top and Sheerin was actively trying to play it as early as possible.

I think we'll probably still have to up our game next week, there's no way East Fife will give us cheap goals like Brechin did.
    Absolutely. Brilliant performance from the guys today. If we play with this sort of commitment and passion from now there is no reason we can't dig ourselves out of the mire. Only down side were the 2 cheap goals we gave away. Airdrie result went against us but with the 2 huge home games against them and the Fifers to come we can haul both back into the dogfight. C'mon lichties.

Just a glimmer of hope. east Fife will be gutted and knackered after unluckily losing to a Rangers penalty in added time, then they have a trek to Stranraer on Tuesday where they'll probably lose then come to us tired and on a down. Airdrie have Rangers midweek before they play us, so again tired legs. We can but hope.

We play like we did today, we just might be ok

I think yesterday's performance sums up how PS likes his team to play his football. Positive, creative and committed. The big difference recently has been the "dig" that we get from Kev in midfield and the decent options that we now have in attack.

I'm glad we missed Kenneth, but we still need some reinforcements in central defence.

Glad to hear we played well at the Glebe yesterday and got the win we desperately needed.
    We'll need to keep that standard up until the end of the season. The next two games are must win games, but they won't be easy with the Fifers and Airdrie looking to stay above us in the league, but if we play as well as we can we and don't give away anything at the back we can get the wins.

Arbroath were outstanding yesterday and it was great to watch all the players involved playing with passion, enthusiasm and urgency .

Straight from kick off the players set out to get the job done and they more than delivered all of this yesterday.

Bobby Linn was sensational, but Cook, Chisholm , Nicholl and others were all playing fantastic football yesterday.

Losing two goals within 4 minutes was cause for concern and we still need to tighten up the defence.

We have a run of very tough fixtures coming up, but the confidence in the team was great yesterday and a win against East Fife could gain us the edge for the remaining 9 matches.

C'mon the 'broath.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker
    Losing two goals within 4 minutes was cause for concern and we still need to tighten up the defence.
    Still a concern, in what was a determined and impressive display. Well done Lichties! As reluctant as I am to say this, it might be the case that we'll have to outscore the opposition. This might become the case in the remaining games. Still, we can do this! If we play like we did at Glebe we'll win more games than we lose and pull both East Fife and Airdrie firmly into the mix!

Here's to three more points at Gayfield today. I'm off now to clear my throat and prepare the vocal cords for ref Don Robertson today!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)