+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BoB meet in Torquay - July 2014

re: BoB meet in Torquay - July 2014

So that's one cider and two beers then!

I am worried Mikes power steering may be faulty again

Train booked, arrive the Riviera @ 12:22

So you won't be joining us for lunch in Shaldon?

See you mid afternoon then!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram

Rammy, is it possible for us to collect Mike from Torquay then go for lunch? I know he is not worth the trouble but if we dont he will sulk for months

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat

Rammy, is it possible for us to collect Mike from Torquay then go for lunch? I know he is not worth the trouble but if we dont he will sulk for months [/quote]

We can do yes. It will mean going back on ourselves, but it is nice and scenic so why not. Alternatively, we could actually take the more direct route in to Torquay, so the run over to Shaldon will be via a different route. Shaldon is only approx 8-10 miles along the coast Road (20 mins).

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    We are meeting at the Ferry Boat Inn Shaldon ( near Torquay) for lunch at about 1pm on Friday 4th July.
    Can you text me the address please lads and I'll meet you there.

The Ferry Boat Inn,
    The Strand
    Shaldon
    Devon
    TQ14 0DL

If you head for Teignmouth and go over the bridge towards Shaldon when you come to a sharp right hand bend (only a few hundred yards) there is a left turn into Shaldon village. Follow the road through the village and you will see the pub on the right overlooking the estuary. If you cannot find anywhere to park in front of the pub there is a large public car park at the end of the village opposite the Ness Hotel.

This information is from memory and from about 10 years ago, so hopefully things have not changed too much, e.g. One way systems or the car park now being houses etc etc. Either way we will be there from early afternoon as I know the pub is still there.

Are you ready and excited chaps?

Still in Disney at the moment but expect to get into Torquay mode as soon as I get back tomorrow evening.

Back from IOW now, we walked the entire coastal path about 70 miles in 5 days, the weather was fantastic so very enjoyable.

Yes looking forward to Torquay now Rammy, i will collect you about 7am at top of your lane, will text you Friday morning. Where do you suggest we meet with Milke at lunchtime?

If you read this Nut, are you coming to my place Thursday evening? I am leaving about 5:45 Friday morning.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678