+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearing up diving/ not diving

re: Clearing up diving/ not diving

Quote Originally Posted by lotty1
    The problem is that fans say they want diving/simulation stamped out . That's great in theory but when one goes for you it's good and the ref got it spot but when one goes against the ref is wrong . You can't have it both ways .

We all favour our own teams but it's worth noting that us classless Clarets once berated a Greek striker - Papadopolous who was a diver . He was vilified every game and we were glad when he left . So it is possible to admit when one of your players is a serial diver/simulator .

Martin is a big big lad but he doesn't half go down easily . Wasn't he the player who went down and "won a free kick in your last home match when there was no contact ? I'm sure some Rams' fans have said he was .
    - view external link

Link doesn't work .

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    I came on here to try have a sensible conversation but DD says Martin NEVER EVER goes down without contact . Really ? Are you sure ?

That's as bad as triz saying that Martin didn't deserve anything that went against him on Saturday .

yes I'm a Burnley fan and we've been accused of seeing the game against you through Claret and Blue eyes . I don't suppose you're seeing it through Derby eyes are you so on that basis as they say on Dragon's Den - I'm out !
    You're absolutely bang on there.

If Martin was a Burnley player and that decision had been given against him then as sure as night comes after day we would have the majority of both sets of fans switching position and basing their judgement from the opposite perspective.

Martins been great this season but he does go down to get a free kick or a penalty far too often in my opinion, and he HAS dived this season. Steve Mac is completely ri

Quote Originally Posted by lotty1
    Toggles - my point is that back then football was more honest and dives were unusual . Franny Lee and Rodney Marsh a bit later were god at it though .
    no your point was that it is a contact sport and you wanted to go back to the days of the 60's with 'hard tackles' etc. And at the same time you cry about derby's 'over physical game'.

You are backtracking

[quote="Ramfantastic"]The problem is that fans say they want diving/simulation stamped out . That's great in theory but when one goes for you it's good and the ref got it spot but when one goes against the ref is wrong . You can't have it both ways .

We all favour our own teams but it's worth noting that us classless Clarets once berated a Greek striker - Papadopolous who was a diver . He was vilified every game and we were glad when he left . So it is possible to admit when one of your players is a serial diver/simulator .

Martin is a big big lad but he doesn't half go down easily . Wasn't he the player who went down and "won a free kick in your last home match when there was no contact ? I'm sure some Rams' fans have said he was .

It was Will Hughes who was brought down against Bournemouth, his momentum took him down after several illegal tackles. The final tackle as you say wasn't a free kick the earlier o

Quote Originally Posted by clough08
    I think the rules say that deliberate contact is really only allowed if the ball is within playing distance e.g. a tackle or shoulder barge. So all the shennanigans at corners are really fouls and so are all the shoves in the back Martin gets. If a defender shoves him they can't be too upset if he goes down sometimes
    Just Martin??

I watch many teams play and I can't remember ever seeing a corner when defenders and forwards weren't pushing each other.

If Martin is such a delicate little thing that he can't take the pysical contact that all players get in those situations, maybe he should take up netball.

Or maybe referees should just give a penalty or a defensive free-kick at EVERY corner - which technically would be correct about 99% of the time.

Players know that they can do pretty much anything they want to martin and the ref will do nothing or award the defender a free kick, therefore martin gets alot more physical attention.However to counter your point, he is not a delicate thing but we are debating people fouling him, against the laws of the game gaining an unfair advantage. To insinuate he and derby as a club should simply put up with it or take up netball is just plain stupid tricky. You have some big players is it ok to foul them and get away with it...thought not.

Spot on Ramondo but careful the Care Bear does not accuse you of siding with the opposition.

So im guessing you were saying hughes' freekick against bournemouth was a fair call...and our peno last year against burnley?

Tricky the bedlam that goes on at corners needs to change. At the moment many defenders aren't even looking at the ball - just trying to obstruct the man. So do we just tolerate it? Or do refs start to do something about it? Or we could carry on ignoring the rules and make it OK to commit fouls at corners which seems to be what you're saying.
    It doesn't mean you should take up netball just because you want the rules enforced

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)