+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell

..claims that he would have been England captain for more than 10 years but for the colour of his skin.

I presume he has forgotten he was in the team when Ince was captain. And if he truly believes he was more suited to the role than Shearer, Adams, Beckham etc then there are better ways of voicing that opinion than resorting to claims of institutional racism against the FA.

For me, he never represented a viable candidate for the England captaincy and his pitiful playing of the race card in this manner just confirms what an odious, blinkered and thoroughly deluded individual he really is.

Poor show.. - view external link

re: Sol Campbell

The fact that he (allegedly) bats for the other team is a more rational reason he was overlooked for the England captaincy than the colour of his skin.

Oh, and that he's a bit of a nob.

He's married (to a female) and has a child...

And that makes what difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown

As was little Reggie Dwight.

I'm sure he played when Paul Ince was captain so those comments make him look a bit silly.

Either ill advised or just plain deluded.

A captain is a leader on the pitch, it matters not if he's black white or yellow. Booby Charlton captained England the same amount, just three times good, player but not a captain.

As for whether he's a batty boy, not interested in the slightest just as much as the colour of his skin.

Now that other numpty Paul Elliott is out of a job, looks to me as though Sol is after it. Perhaps he'll also get the Institute of Black Lawyers to ensure the HR door is opened...

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown

Pents isn't married (to a female) and doesn't have a child.

You draw your own conclusions...but if he wasn't a fat**** with no footballing talent it wouldn't be the only thing stopping him from being England Captain!!

PS Does Sol have a book out?

Some people not very happy about Uncle Sol's comments... stl
    Looks like John Barnes also has a habit of opening his mouth and talking out of his arse at the same time.

Btw re Pents,I thought he was married, to Mrs Pents, and her horses(?) - view external link

A knob he might be but being gay and black should not hold him back, i just remember and thank him for being good at lifting cups, not shirts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast