+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A point away in Wales Good Or Bad

A point away in Wales Good Or Bad

I do find it difficult to share in the popular view, on shall we say another site that gaining a point away at Newport is not good enough, for me it was a point gained, having spent time in South Wales over the past few years anything you can get down there is hard fought and a definite plus. Looking at the draw Chesterfield managed last night in league 2 I think the title race is still wide open. Despite what the doom merchants would have us believe we are having a fantastic season and I think we will go up. Its a very funny thing that Chestrefield are seen as "the" team and we are "lucky" to be where we are with too many draws, Rochdale are the "darkhorses" probably in the box seat, and yet after 33/34 games there is hardly a fag paper between all three, so why in the white heat of the battle are so many on the amateur site questioning tactics and whimpering and wanting to raise the white flag,its a dog fight all the way to the end, get used to it.
    Odd week for football, not many ind

re: A point away in Wales Good Or Bad

i think rochdale are now the best placed team to win the title.
    they have very few games against other top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by messiron
    i think rochdale are now the best placed team to win the title.
    they have very few games against other top teams.
    Its that time of the season now though, when it can be tougher playing the bottom few teams who are scrapping for League status. you see some odd unexpected results Now lets see who do we play at the weekend!

I notice rochdale have two extra games this month.

In isolation it was a good result. Glad to get that one out of the way as we were always likely to come unstuck against them on that pitch.

Now we have to get back to the free flowing forward thinking passing game we had for the first few games under Russ. I know it's difficult at this time of year but they need to play without fear. Positivity and support from the home crowd can help with that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)