+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a big thankyou

a big thankyou

For Nigel Clough,if yo didn't sack him we would'nt have him!!

And we knocked them red dogs "scum" out too for you

re: a big thankyou

You're welcome, must admit I wasn't keen oon the change at the time but it seems to have worked out for both of us.

It's a long shot but you could yet make the play offs. Some achievement that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ourbob
    For Nigel Clough,if yo didn't sack him we would'nt have him!!

And we knocked them red dogs "scum" out too for you
    How's Ben Davies getting on?

I've just looked at the table and im amazed he's one win off 7th! what a job he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    I've just looked at the table and im amazed he's one win off 7th! what a job he is doing.
    8 wins in a row
    6 clean sheets in a row
    And Ben Davies scored last night apparently.

Showing that he is a good manager, 8 wins on the bounce and 10th in the table, having taken over a club that had won 1 game from the first 14 matches!

Clough is also 1 win from the FA cup semi-finals at Wembley and this with a small squad!

Even having 6 players out injured last night and playing players out of position got a 2-0 win against a team in the play-offs!

Take note Billy! 6 players out injured, Nige just got on with it! No moaning no crying!

Not going to say I'd take him over McClaren, who is equally doing a great job for us, but it does show one or two that Nigel has what it takes to become a very good manager.

Just hope he doesn't end up at Forest one day!

Its just like watching Derby reserves.
    Ben Davies scored a great free kick last night.
    He used to do that for Notts County and can you remember the one he scored for us at Burton in a pre-season friendly.
    John Brayford is far too good for League One and is a class act at that level.
    Chris Porter scored again last night, to add to his two against Forest, even though no United fan I know seems to rate him.
    I have a soft spot for Nigel but I do support the decision to change to McClaren. 5 years drifting around mid-table while other clubs passed us on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldrams

...5 years drifting around mid-table while other clubs passed us on the way.
    That analysis overlooks the situation that NC inherited Sheffieldrams. I think time will demonstrate that NC is a top class manager.

Oh I am going to love this thread when he loses his bottle. I seem to remember us being one game from a play off spot last year and the n a week or so later nearer to relegation.

On a serious note this will be a good test of him as a manager now. Will he become negative in his outlook like he has done in the past, or take a few risks and push on..
    Time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)