+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 870.000

re: 870.000

It's the amount of Celtic fans that went to Seville

Was just reading an article there about the amount of people using food banks in Scotland having risen beyond belief in the last year...

We have a chance to get rid of the Tories & I'll be using it.

They have no time for Scotland, they have no time for the poor & it's time to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1
    Was just reading an article there about the amount of people using food banks in Scotland having risen beyond belief in the last year...

They have no time for Scotland, they have no time for the poor & it's time to get rid of them.
    I don't like banks, I use The Nationwide BS

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative_Poster
    Lets give Stewarty a chance.

Rather than cut and paste jobs, which can prove everything and therefore actually prove nothing, how are you going to solve the following problems Stewarty?

Poverty

Obesity

****age pregnancies

Alcoholism

Homelessness.

Never mind reports. Never mind blaming ANY politicians. Never mind rhetoric.

Lets see some workable solutions.
    I'm not sure it's stewarty's job he is just expressing an opinion that he believes that an independent Scotland would have more chance of solving it's problems.

I agree.

To 'solve' poverty, all you need to do is change the measure of poverty from 60% of the average wage to how big your telly is.

Edit: Real poverty is not having a telly at all. Or a smartphone, or designer clothes or cigarettes.[/quote]

Stewarty is never done telling everyone how shyte everything is, I,d like to know how he intends to make things

Quote Originally Posted by DeeMo

I don't like banks, I use The Nationwide BS [/quote]

I don't think anyone likes banks. When you're reading about Mum's having to walk 3/4 miles to a food bank with their bairns, where they often have to get cold food due to the cost of electricity then you're talking about a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27
    I'm ragin this morning !!!

A report from the Poverty Alliance and SCVO has said there are over 870,000 Scots living in poverty ! thats 1 in 6 Scots, Now I know I bang on about voting YES and many of you give as good as you get, But com'on good folks of this board this is totally unacceptable in this day and age, Food banks, 40.000 homeless applications, and a further 25bn in public spending cuts to come from the Tories in Westminster, Is this the kind of Scotland you want to live in ? On the brighter side Aberdeen will win the league cup,
    Well over 11 million people live in poverty in England, so seeing as England has 10 times the people living in it then Scotland is better off, yet you would gamble this?

As for food banks they are all over the UK, none more so than in English towns and cities both north and south. Your statistics and scare****ering are a joke, if anything England over compensates for the Celtic nations by negl

Quote Originally Posted by Dullard
    Lets give Stewarty a chance.

Rather than cut and paste jobs, which can prove everything and therefore actually prove nothing, how are you going to solve the following problems Stewarty?

Poverty

Obesity

****age pregnancies

Alcoholism

Homelessness.

Never mind reports. Never mind blaming ANY politicians. Never mind rhetoric.

Lets see some workable solutions.
    Aye Aye Dullard a true Unionist using the stock in trade Uniuonist tactic... give me all the difficult questions to answer whilst answering none yourself Ya bassa

Well first thing I have to say we can do anything about these things with the status quo,
    To tackle them we need full powers, So in a way youv'e answered your own question ! But your totally right these things have to be dealt with, Poverty and Homelessness can be sucessfully eradidicated its really a matter of having the will to do it, The resourses are there but do we do as the UK does spend on defence, T

DeeMo ma loon,

Defence= at present Scotland contribute more per GDP than it gets back and that includes defence budget, An Independent Scotland would have a smaller conventional defence force,perfectly capable of defending Scotlands needs, We wouldn't be spending Billions on trident and other weapons of MD that we can NEVER use,

Currency the pound,

Pensions An Independent Scotland would be much

better placed to honour and improve Pensions and that,s been established by many fiscal commisions

Savings there would be no change,

Taxes depends who you listen too The No side say we would pay more ,The YES side say less, It really depend how we grow the ecomomy An Independent Scotland would be better placed to attract inward investment thus creating more jobs thus widening the tax base thus being able to reduce taxes, But we CAN'T do that in an UK ! we need the powers of Independence,

Health Care we already run the NHS up here and are doing a far better job that down south, In Engla

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe_loves_Gorgie
    I'm ragin this morning !!!

A report from the Poverty Alliance and SCVO has said there are over 870,000 Scots living in poverty ! thats 1 in 6 Scots, Now I know I bang on about voting YES and many of you give as good as you get, But com'on good folks of this board this is totally unacceptable in this day and age, Food banks, 40.000 homeless applications, and a further 25bn in public spending cuts to come from the Tories in Westminster, Is this the kind of Scotland you want to live in ? On the brighter side Aberdeen will win the league cup,
    Well over 11 million people live in poverty in England, so seeing as England has 10 times the people living in it then Scotland is better off, yet you would gamble this?

As for food banks they are all over the UK, none more so than in English towns and cities both north and south. Your statistics and scare****ering are a joke, if anything

[quote="stewarty27"]DeeMo ma loon,

Defence= at present Scotland contribute more per GDP than it gets back and that includes defence budget, An Independent Scotland would have a smaller conventional defence force,perfectly capable of defending Scotlands needs, We wouldn't be spending Billions on trident and other weapons of MD that we can NEVER use,

Currency the pound,

Pensions An Independent Scotland would be much

better placed to honour and improve Pensions and that,s been established by many fiscal commisions

Savings there would be no change,

Taxes depends who you listen too The No side say we would pay more ,The YES side say less, It really depend how we grow the ecomomy An Independent Scotland would be better placed to attract inward investment thus creating more jobs thus widening the tax base thus being able to reduce taxes, But we CAN'T do that in an UK ! we need the powers of Independence,

Health Care we already run the NHS up here and are

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)