+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doesn't look great.

doesn't look great.

We could be in a bit of trouble next season wherever we are playing - view external link

re: doesn't look great.

Depends on what these supposed sponsorship deals from Q8 consist of for this season.

Forest fans can be a funny bunch.

Complain when we spend money and make losses.

Complain when we don't spend money on more players and loans.

I like the use of the word "dwarfing". It should be used more offer when talking about the management of Forest.

You know the song you need to sing on Saturday... it's now or never

Forget next season, that's unless your in the Prem, because if your in the Championship, your stuffed!

Isn`t that what we all said to Leicester?

They seem to be fine.

erm it doesn't apply until next year. Looks like leicester have escaped just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    erm it doesn't apply until next year. Looks like leicester have escaped just in time.
    I'm interested to see how Derby's losses compare.

I think yours were about A?7m last year so bearing in mind last season was one where you didn't do much in terms of "big" signings you would think they shouldn't be too much higher. Not a dig at you at all, simply as a comparison with 2 teams who took different approaches.

As has been said higher up. Our fans approach of demanding quality replacements at every turn is why we'll end up with these high losses. That and our owners clearly not caring about a wage structure

Thing is, we do have players to balance the books and as these numbers keep getting bigger for Lascelles and Darlow, we'll just sell them to clear it

yh it will be interesting. they seem to have tried to comply, whether they have done enough, we'll see. My understanding though is that you're allowed 10 mill losses, so unless im wrong on that front we should be ok with regards ffp

8 million is the limit for championship clubs, it was inevitable that we would have big losses this season but as Triz said it won't affect us this season as Ffp reggs start next season.

I think this is a minor issue that will resolve itself over time. But I noted 1 point that made happy reading - it does seem that Fawaz had made a considerable investment to pay the Doughty estate for the club.

Any indication that he had no money or wouldn't spend it on the club has proven to be false.
    And this is not something to scoff at. There were rumors that he was also looking at Leeds at the time. Luckily we got him and did not end up with the Leeds' owners, who were only in it for the money.

Fawaz has been a serious owner and if we ever get promotion, it's only right that he get his payments back. No Forest fan would begrudge him that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast