+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England v Danes - Match Thread

England v Danes - Match Thread

Teams just been announced and great to see Cole and Gerrard et al in the starting eleven. It'll be interesting to see what they can do in an England shirt. Well done Woy, it's about time we had an England manager brave enough to experiment and blood new players.

re: England v Danes - Match Thread

Couldn't agree more he's an absolute d1ck putting that team out he should be playing players who are fighting for a place in the wc squad. I've lost respect for him now.

Even putting any Saints' bias aside for a moment, that is a very odd (and very disappointing) decision.

Here's hoping for a change around in the 2nd half and letting England's future players getting a platform to show what they can do.

RH - 'I'm not afraid to make difficult decisions..'

To be fair, this will only be Cashley's 107th cap so who knows what he'll do in an England shirt

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_7
    I've lost respect for him now.
    Only now, Harv ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    To be fair, this will only be Cashley's 107th cap so who knows what he'll do in an England shirt
    To be fair, I'm sure Woy has got significantly more idea on the current form of Shaw than he does Cashley, especially as he watched him on Saturday. But you carry on being all precious about little Scummer boy, at least till the second half when he'll probably get a run out.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    To be fair, I'm sure Woy has got significantly more idea on the current form of Shaw than he does Cashley, especially as he watched him on Saturday. But you carry on being all precious about little Scummer boy, at least till the second half when he'll probably get a run out.[/quote]

Not sure that playing for your country is the same as your home club. However, you keep being all precious about super Woy. Tonight's team has surpassed anything I expected from them. All that's missing is the magic and creativity of Milner if I'm honest. I stand corrected from my previous cynicism.

Scintillating stuff..

With Sturridge on top form and banging 'em in at will for his club, why did Hodgson start him on the wing ? Oh wait, it's to let Rooney play up top and pepper the crowd with wild shots from ridiculous angles.

At least the 2nd half can't get any worse..

So Shaw's due to start the second half. I wonder in what position? In Woy we trust

Luke starting the 2nd half
    Beat me to it DW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast