+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who'll win the league

re: Who'll win the league

[quote="billyqos" Falkirk results between home/away results SO all we have to do is keep some consistency with all the teams beneath our 4th/PLAY OFF placing AND with others dropping points against each other plus other slip ups WE WIN!! SimpleS... [/quote]

OK Bill - I'll say Qos can win the league! I'll even say that we might have been top of the pile just now if the boss had shown some sense at the beginning of the season. You

Logic dictates that it will be Dundee simply because they want/need it more. They are an SPL club in all but current status. They have the biggest support, the biggest stadium, history and the opportunity to get back up and play their local rivals Dundee Unt, St Johnstone and Aberdeen among others. I think they will want it more (though that probably means Hamilton or Falkirk will pip them!).

Dundee know fine well how difficult it will be to get out of this division next season. Not going up is not in the equation for them. On the other hand Hamilton and Falkirk may be content being with us next season (and for Falkirk they may well get another bash at their great rivals Dunfermline if they come up via the play offs).

The added pressure may be (perhaps already is!) Dundee's downfall, but if they can hold their nerve then wanting it more may just give them the edge over Hamilton.

No chance for Queens leading the pack though like some others I do believe it could all have been ver

^^^Disagree. Dundee belong in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    ^^^Disagree. Dundee belong in this division.
    That depends on the context of your view.

If you are talking about the quality of the current teams, I agree they are no better than the others in the promotion running. However they are the biggest team in this league with arguably the greatest tradition. They would also have a decent argument in claiming to be a bigger club or at least the equal of half of the SPL sides.

My point is that with 3 of their greatest rivals in the SPL they have perhaps greater motivation than the others to win the league this season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)