+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: alan pardew

alan pardew

There just been talk of him about his headbutt on the hull player on ssn.they are now saying that he could get away with a 4 game ban,because a Kidderminster harriers manager got away with a 4 game ban and a £350 fine (based on his wages?.if that goes through how can a manager telling the ref he is crap and made a shocking decision be worse than butting a player?

re: alan pardew

yes Pardew shpuld get some kind of punishment for his actions. he was well out of order

but i still feel this has been blown up so much. It was a case of him putting his head on the players head. but not really a full blown headbutt like the media have made it out to be.

there was one comment from a sky reporter
    " where does this leave the state of football in England" talk about trying to make a moutain out of a molehill

Quote Originally Posted by binghampies
    yes Pardew shpuld get some kind of punishment for his actions. he was well out of order

but i still feel this has been blown up so much. It was a case of him putting his head on the players head. but not really a full blown headbutt like the media have made it out to be.

" where does this leave the state of football in England" talk about trying to make a moutain out of a molehill
    I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was Billy.
    Where does this leave the state of football?when a manager gets away with butting a player?don't forget he also pushed a linesman a year ago.he has form for doing stupid stuff and should be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad

Where does this leave the state of football?when a manager gets away with butting a player?don't forget he also pushed a linesman a year ago.he has form for doing stupid stuff and should be punished.[/quote]

i havent said he shouldnt be punished. I have said its not really a full blown head butt

and what billy got to do with it ??? .anyway. he would have to stand on tip toes to be able to headbutt some

Where does this leave the state of football?when a manager gets away with butting a player?don't forget he also pushed a linesman a year ago.he has form for doing stupid stuff and should be punished.[/quote]
    If Billy stood on his tip toes he would be around 5'8,so are you telling me the average height for someone is around 8ft?that's how tall roughly you a

How's Billy gonna headbut anyone?? He's 2ft 6 inches, would be an olympic style leap for him.

Seriously I agree with both of you to an extent.. Yes it was loosly a headbutt and in isolation it was not much. However he does have history and he's a ticking bomb is Mr Pardew.

He should be made an example of in this case.

Blown up ??? If that had been a fan he would have been arrested tried and jailed by now - and quite rightfully so.

Arrested, tried and jailed ? Really?

If the fan had actually headbutted someone and caused injury maybe. Although repeatedly referred to as such, it was not a headBUTT (as in being hit with force), it was out of order and if committed by you or me would probably get a fine and community service. Nobody would go to jail, and would be unlucy to lose their job. I am not defending Pardew for what he did, but surely there needs to be a sense of perspective.

The problem is made worse by ex players and managers being forced to give opinions exaggerating the offence to justify the money being paid to them as so called "experts". Cue Shearer, Lineker, Hanson, Souness, Redknapp, Ian Wright and many more. Shearer and Souness are probably annoyed that Pardew is still in a job having never held a management job themselves for as long as Pardew at Newcastle and under such difficult circumstances with players being sold from underneath him, having Joe Kinnear (until recently) buying (or not buying