+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Place in top 9 already secured. Europe?

re: Place in top 9 already secured. Europe?

Would love to go and see Saints competing in a European competition, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    Would love to go and see Saints competing in a European competition, definitely.
    So would I but not at the expense of all the work done so far. We have the players in the academy, and the resources to buy as well, so it won't be long before we have a squad to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    So would I but not at the expense of all the work done so far. We have the players in the academy, and the resources to buy as well, so it won't be long before we have a squad to do both.[/quote]

The point is we will lose the best players from our squad if we don't qualify for Europe soon.

Lallana and Shaw are ambitious players. They would have been content with an FA Cup winner's medal this season but now it's going to take at least a Europa League place to satisfy their career ambitions. That may apply to a few more of our best players too.

No chance of Europe, we are too far behind. Our home form has let us down this season.

Having been lucky enough to have seen Saints play away in Europe before, Steaua Bucharest in 2003, i would love to go again but i can't see that happening this season.
    As Wayne says our home form hasn't been great, having said that though we have won 6 away so far this season, the most we've ever achieved in the Prem.

At the start of the season my realistic hopes for the season were 50 points and a top 10 finish, 3 more wins will achieve that which isn't an unrealistic ask for the last 9 games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12