+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOA mr Bowyer

re: FOA mr Bowyer

Mature Claret

For 70 mins it was nip and tuck. And as you say it was Burnley's weakest performance of the last 4 derbies.

The Replica goal from Shackell changed the game after Rhodes's miss and the momentum moved in Burnley's favour.

Dyche's organisation and mental toughness transmitted to Burnley's players and they had the stronger will to go on and win.

Your turn to have things go for you so fair enough

To the 10% of Dingles who aren't on here for the wind-up:

Well done. You deserved to win, you've got a great manager, I expect you'll get promoted and enjoy the bragging rights, you've been waiting long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhitehalves1

Well done. You deserved to win, you've got a great manager, I expect you'll get promoted and enjoy the bragging rights, you've been waiting long enough.

Cheers BW,its been a great season for us up to now,hope you are right about the promotion ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo

Cheers BW,its been a great season for us up to now,hope you are right about the promotion .. [/quote]

Well you never know in this league but I have to say your manager is something of a genius. Don't know whose job it is to appoint them at Burnley (Kilby perhaps?) but he doesn't half know what he's doing, I don't remember the last time you had a bad one. He's held it together months past the point when everyone expected you to start stumbling, and 8 points clear with 13 (is it 13? haven't checked) games to go, gotta be confident now.

Bowyer deserves a shot at next season, up to Christmas for me.

I rate Bowyer too,
    certainly steadied the ship.
    Deserves time and shouldn't be slated just for a loss to us (probably heat of the moment stuff)

Disagree on that one myself. I think we've gone backwards under him. His record this season is worse than his record last, and none of his signings (except perhaps Cairney) have looked particularly good for this level.

The one thing we've needed in a manager since Allardyce was sacked is the one thing Venkys seem to treat as kryptonite, experience.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhitehalves1
    [ I don't remember the last time you had a bad one.
    Chris Waddle

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoon
    Bowyer deserves a shot at next season, up to Christmas for me.
    I'm really not sure about that.
    He doesn't seem to know his best team and is tactically inept. His substitutions baffle everyone and many opposing managers outfox him.

He just looks ok after all the dross we have had.

I would replace him IF an experienced replacement could be found.

Bowyer in

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)