+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FOA mr Bowyer

re: FOA mr Bowyer

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    Bowyer deserves a shot at next season, up to Christmas for me.
    I'm really not sure about that.
    He doesn't seem to know his best team and is tactically inept. His substitutions baffle everyone and many opposing managers outfox him.

He just looks ok after all the dross we have had.

I would replace him IF an experienced replacement could be found.[/quote]

he has his weaknesses- I cant think of many mangers (not at our level) who don't?
    Has Pearson at Leicester always been a good manager at this level? I think he has been trying and failing with both Hull and Liecester (2 spells) where he got as far as the play-offs (at best) most of the time his sides struggled, or finished mid-table. Thats been going on for about 10 years.
    Bowyer is in his first full season as a manager.
    We have 2 games in hand and if we win them, we are 2 points off the play-offs.

So to even suggest many mangers o

From tonights pre match report

TEAM NEWS

Blackburn defender Matt Kilgallon is a doubt for Wednesday's visit of Bournemouth with a groin injury.

Tom Cairney is out with an ankle injury while fellow midfielder David Dunn, who had cramp during Sunday's 2-1 defeat at home to Burnley, may not start.

Bournemouth striker Yann Kermorgant is close to a return after a heel problem while midfielder Harry Arter has reacted well to treatment on his calf.

Defenders Elliott Ward and Charlie Daniels will miss out once more.

So Dunn was taken of because of cramp not because Bowyer is tactically incompetent

I was right next to the players. If Dunn had cramp, he did a bloody good job of hiding it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueANwhite
    So Dunn was taken of because of cramp
    It doesn't say that

Quote Originally Posted by BlueANwhite
    So Dunn was taken of because of cramp not because Bowyer is tactically incompetent
    Dunn blatantly had some kind of problem, I find it baffling that people have been trying to pin that on Bowyer.

My objection with Bowyer is nothing to do with that substitution. He's tactically incompetent because we've failed to win at home against about 7 bottom half sides this season, causing us to need points in tough games where we aren't likely to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    I was right next to the players. If Dunn had cramp, he did a bloody good job of hiding it!

Dan, Dunny hasnt played a full 90 mins for us for seasons. He hasnt got any younger since he last played a full 90? So why would that suddenly change on sunday vrs Burnley?

The possible mistake was starting with him? So we may've brought him on.
    If GB had done that, and we had fallen behind then it would've been GB's fault for not starting with him.

The fact Dunn cant play 90 mins anymore is not new information for any Rovers fan. It hasnt been the case for quite a few seasons.

Bowyer doesn't seem to be learning.

We have a better squad than last season.
    There seems to be less interference.
    But we are almost exactly where we were this time last season.

It's a decent squad and perhaps other managers would get more out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

Dan, Dunny hasnt played a full 90 mins for us for seasons. He hasnt got any younger since he last played a full 90? So why would that suddenly change on sunday vrs Burnley?

The possible mistake was starting with him? So we may've brought him on.
    If GB had done that, and we had fallen behind then it would've been GB's fault for not starting with him.

The fact Dunn cant play 90 mins anymore is not new information for any Rovers fan. It hasnt been the case for quite a few seasons.[/quote]

I know Dunn can't play 90 minutes, but in a game like that, he has the reserves for 75 to 80. Just another 5 minutes could have been the difference between a point and none. Like I said though. When he came off, he walked very normally and took his seat and had a drink and started chatting. If he did that with

That was awful tonight.
    By and large a team of 'strangers' took to the field for that game.
    Yes Bournemouth were at us and on their toes right from the off, but we were back on our heels and reeling for very much of the match.
    There was a total lack of belief and co-ordination in our play.
    I know not whether this is mainly down to the off field staff, or the players themselves, or a combination of both.
    I am sorry to say that GB on the touchline looks like 'little boy lost' and is portraying the traits of a man that is awaiting the worst, or even wishing for it.

This team gave the impression tonight that for them the game is up and the season has ended, and they're just biding their time.
    On tonight's evidence this team will be lucky to be outside the bottom six.

Not slating for slating's sake, but just opinioning upon what was on display tonight.
    It's the poorest I have seen for some considerable time.
    It gives me no pleasure at all in saying this, but come the close season I am afr

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)